• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Rune Factory 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Aww, Forte reminds me somewhat of Saber. Would probably have my character marry her because of that, were I to have a 3DS and RF4.

I've never gotten into Harvest Moon or Rune Factory, though the latter has increasingly piqued my interest due to the fantasy and some of the more conventional RPG elements. Owning the the three home consoles (sans Wii U) and no portables, what'd be a good place to start? Would Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii be one of the better places to jump into the franchise? I considered renting Tides of Destiny not long ago, but from what I've read, it seemed to be fairly dumbed down, and has a comparatively pitiable Metacritic score....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
This is the premiere waifu experience this year.

I'm very happy with it.

That said, the human characters are just there to draw enemy fire (there doesn't seem to be any real penalty for letting them get knocked the f out), though I find it funny that my damn chicken hits like 4 times stronger than I do.

ALSO, THE TROLLING.

Game has a lot of great trolling. Clorica always falls asleep in the middle of a dungeon, which I find very endearing.

It'll be a while before I get to Pokemans and Etrian Odyssey since this is keeping me really entertained.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to be completely honest in saying this is one of the best video games I've ever played, it's so well put together, and the characters and world are so full of life, it's just an utterly fantastic experience.

I recommend this game to anyone who has even the slightest interest in it.
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
I'm going to be completely honest in saying this is one of the best video games I've ever played

I know, right?
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
Sure sucks for me that my Pokemons comes in this week. [/quote]
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Yo, I'm trying to go for the harem ending.

I hope I don't get nice boat-ed.

(apparently, confessing to waifus becomes harder as you date more of them)
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I thought Rune Factory 3 had better characters and a story better implemented into the main gameplay, but small complaints. It's a pretty solid Rune Factory game.

It feels like the next one's going to be much bigger. The airship insta-travel, going between empires (Even if it's only the Secht backyard), and other such things I feel could really be expanded upon in a sequel. But then again, Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games are generally like the Delta Knights annual pancake feed fundraiser: Each one does just well enough to fund next year's pancake feed.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I just wish Rune Factory 3 and 4 had players guides released along with them like the first two did. Having a ready made players guide available is much more convenient and cheaper than printing out the walk-throughs on GameFaqs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1