• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 100

spoiler[It's ridicules how much time hunters need to take out the ants.
Compared to the Phantom Troupe's swift justice, they're like snails.
The situation keeps getting worse and worse all the time.
Watching Killua fight was just awesome this time!
I must admit I like him more than Gon..
The octopus was just LOL ^^"]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 100!

I was pleased that Killua took a lot of spotlight in this episode. spoiler[The way he took on multiple Chimera Ants was nice to watch although that flea he encountered looked freaking disgusting not to mention the fact that it's a threat.]

The spoiler[Octopus-like Chimera Ant was silly though. I couldn't take it seriously even though it did have some decent sniping skills.] Ah, I'm pumped for the Royal Guards and King to fight soon..

On another note, grats HxH on milestone episode 100 Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
100 episodes and still the same damn OP song. I guess it's a good and appropriate shonen-tastic song but damn am I over that thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NegativeGate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah I agree it needs a new opening song but it's not bad in and of itself. Well 100 in and the show still gets me hyped so that's a credit. None of the other super long shonen shows have been able to keep my interest this long.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
I had actually lost some interest at the beginning of the Chimera Ant story. Not having any knowledge of the manga's storyline I didn't see much promise in it. What had been propeling the story so far and kept me interested were stories that focused on the main cast's issues; Gon looking for his dad, KIllua's oppressive family, Kurapika seeking revenge. This story promised none of that and I figured it'd be a short arc. Man, was I wrong, about the length.

Instead, what we have is a mega arc that explodes the world into a great scope and works on character development with almost no development of the cast's personal stories.

I can't really say I love the direction but once I caught up (actually thinking it would have finished the arc, not just balloon and balloon into what it is now) I can't deny it continues to be compelling story-telling. So I continue.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
This story promised none of that and I figured it'd be a short arc. Man, was I wrong, about the length.

Haha, the Chimera Ant arc is the longest arc in HxH. I haven't done the actual calculations recently, but I believe that in manga length, it's longer than the York New arc and the Greed Island arc put together.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I looked it up back when I started again, around the beginning of the Summer season, and realized that if page count was comparable to how much time they take to air everything, it might have been only half done.
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
This story promised none of that and I figured it'd be a short arc. Man, was I wrong, about the length.

Haha, the Chimera Ant arc is the longest arc in HxH. I haven't done the actual calculations recently, but I believe that in manga length, it's longer than the York New arc and the Greed Island arc put together.

LOL
++++hype
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Killua & that octopus were LOL
Well, the octopus was pretty funny with its surprised reactions.
It completely sucks getting on Killua's bad side..
The darts game was very cruel and made me feel uneasy.
On the positive side, things did turn out unexpectedly, but also good.
I like the idea that more and more chimera ants are switching sides.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 101
spoiler[Octopus-kun is a bro]. That ending moment was nice.

Well, actually the entire episode was nice since Killua was able to spoiler[overcome those two Chimera Ants siblings. I thought Killua would of lost at first but I was relived that he was able to take them down both. I bet Feitan] of would liked what he saw.

Oh and I'm not knowledgeable about spoiler[darts tournaments] so I guess I learned something this episode~
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Looks like Gon will learn a few useful things.
That chameleon guy is really nice.
It would be cool if Gon would adapt some of his abilities.
Most of the episode were those two talking.
They did manage to squeeze in some other plot progress.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Netero appeared like 2 seconds in episode 102 but was badass as usual. I'll look forward to next week's episode considering that pigtail girl seems to be an important character in this arc. I didn't hear her voice btw so I'm curious what she sounds like.

Ooh and Meleoron is a pretty cool guy as well imo, just like Octobro last week.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[The blind kid was exactly what the king needed.
Seems like he found himself a good opponent.
Guess the kids' disability was actually an advantage here.
The most interesting thing this time was their game.
Well, at least it was for me.
Morel & Cheetu intro fight has potential.
That Morel seems to be a really smart guy.
Always evaluating the situation before rushing in.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 103
I'm liking this new girl already.

spoiler[Her voice seems okay but she's pretty funny to watch especially with the way she was talking to someone as powerful as the Chimera King. But if we talk about power, I think she might be able to beat him at that game. I mean, the king is struggling every game so far unlike against his other opponents.]

Meanwhile, Morel was pretty cool this episode. I think he's going to spoiler[escape the realm that Cheetu created.] I don't think it will be that easy though.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I had the complete opposite reaction. Everything about her is what I hate about females in anime. This was easily one of the worst episodes I've seen in a long while. The pace is super slow, spoiler[the whole playing games things is just dumb and uninteresting. I find it serves little to no purpose and not really fun to watch. Sure they show that he is intellectual. They are board games, anyone with with enough time and understanding can master these games. I just find the whole this just drags the whole show down.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 52