• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation December '13 / January '14 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Sorry for the double post but someone on the Funimation page pointed this out:

http://www.previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/orderforms/archive/2013/NOV13_COF.txt

Quote:
NOV13 2547 EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE BD + DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $34.98 = $
NOV13 2548 EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $29.98 = $
NOV13 2549 EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER BD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $59.98 = $
NOV13 2550 EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $49.98 = $

Since the movie has a combo pack, all signs are pointing towards Funimation. I wonder if this listing is actually true.

So this will be a rerelease rather than a reprint?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=76548
Quote:
Dragon Ball Z Season One Blu-ray

SUMMARY

The Saiyans are coming! These ruthless, intergalactic villains carved a path of destruction across the galaxy, and now they’re headed for Earth! The evil Saiyan warlord Vegeta will not rest until he’s seized the wish-granting powers of the Dragon Balls for himself! Goku vs. Vegeta! The battle of all battles begins now!

Make room on your shelves because the Dragon Ball Z Season Sets are finally on Blu-ray! We embarked on a frame-by-frame restoration process to remove any blemishes, tape marks, or foreign bodies that might have tarnished your viewing experience. All three audio tracks have been re-mastered in the interest of noise reduction and superior sound quality. The bolder, more vibrant color of this ultimate Dragon Ball Z release closely mirrors the visual aesthetics of today’s entertainment. And finally, our elite team of super-geniuses undertook a precise shot-by-shot reframing of the entire series to create a modern HD widescreen presentation of this legendary fan favorite. It’s time to experience Dragon Ball Z like you’ve never experienced it before!

DETAILS
  • Includes: Eps 1-39
  • Format: Blu-ray
  • Language: English,Japanese
  • Subtitles: English
  • Closed Captioning: No
  • Rating: TV-PG
  • Aspect Ratio: 16x9
  • Main Feature Video: 1080p High Definition (HD Native)
  • Special Feature Video: 1080p High Definition (HD Native)
  • Main Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1 with Japanese Music,Japanese
  • Main Feature Runtime: 945
  • Region: A
  • Number of Blu-ray Discs: 4
  • Studio: FUNimation
  • UPC: 704400015519

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Upcoming Special Feature Sneak Peek
  • Textless Opening Song
  • Textless Closing Song

======

http://www.rightstuf.com/n/FT0000005707
Quote:
FUNimation Cancels Ikki-Tousen Great Guardians Complete Series Limited Edition Box Set
Posted on: Friday, October 18, 2013

The limited edition release of Ikki-Tousen Great Guardians Complete Series has been canceled, and all pre-orders will be adjusted to reflect this change. The regular edition of Ikki-Tousen Great Guardians Complete Series is still scheduled to be released. Customers who pre-ordered the limited edition release will be contacted shortly by our Customer Care Team.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
That's strange that the Great Guardians LE has been cancelled. I thought that LEs were standard with any new Funi release. I wonder what's behind this development.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
Thought that it was a bit odd that Great Guardians was getting the LE treatment, but I wonder why it got cancelled. I quite like those art-boxes to be honest.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they don't expect the series to sell all that great since it's easily the weakest IT season and they don't see the need for two versions of it?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
That would be the most logical explanation. Perhaps they saw that the pre-orders (from places like TRSI) were lower than expected and thus the change.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Low preorders is no doubt the reason. I doubt they would care about the quality if they thought it would sell enough.

I have the first season in a thin pack box set and the second in a litebox case. No matter how they package it they will not match.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I ordered it in the regular edition personally, because it was cheaper and I'm basically just buying it for completion's sake anyway.
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Great Guardians LE cancellation saddens me, as I was hoping to have another nice box to go along with my original box and singles for the first season. That towel still gets suspicious looks when it makes it way out of its hiding place for a friends usage. I also still sport the green Magatama earring that came with it, when I wear anything green.

Guess it will just look ugly next to with Dragon Destiny. Bah!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
@geishageek
I sincerely hope you replaced the hook intended to go through your ear. I really doubt that is silver. I gave mine and the towel away. I don't have any extra holes in my body to use it with.
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I've always worn the original and never had an issue. Mist not be as cheap as some others.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I will just note this here. These listings popped up 1 week ago, FUNimation finally confirmed it (there is no release date).

via Amazon.com

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/392774774575083520
Quote:
Look what's up for pre-order on @amazon! http://ow.ly/q4PHK Place pre-orders now for #AttackOnTitan. Prices & details subject to change.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/392777585039773696
Quote:
the #AttackOnTitan release will have dual audio. So, both English and Japanese tracks.

Last edited by WTK on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Well I'll be damned. So it is an official listing.

I REALLY hope that's not the final font they end up using. Confused
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
RACS has a new release date for Jormungand Season 1. They now list it as February 18.

======

Just for the record, FUNi's own store listed both GG LE & reg before yanking the listings (w/Dec 31st date). So it wasn't just the likes of TRSI, Amazon, or even the leaked info from Diamond Distributors. It looks like not everyone is on the same page on the release status and hopefully it's completely figured out.

via RACS
Quote:
Ikki Tousen Great Guardians - Back On For Dec 31st!

After much vacillation, Funimation has (as of this morning) put Ikki Tousen Great Guardians back on the official release schedule - for Dec 31st.

Ikki Tousen Great Guardians Complete Collection DVD Boxed Set

[...]

But then, a few weeks ago a proposed release date got accidentally leaked to the folks at Diamond Distributors who put both an LE and Regular version of it in their Oct retailer catalog for a Dec 31st release date. Amazon picked up on this and also listed it for that date, and then a couple of the other stores picked up on that and ran with it too. Soon all the Anime news wires were abuzz with details of something that didn't yet exist. Somewhere along the line Funi decided not to publish an LE version and issue it only in standard packaging, which prompted a bunch of pressers from stores canceling pre-orders they had taken for the Limited Edition version that had never actually been announced in the first place. For myself, I was told last week by our inside rep at Funi that the release had not been scheduled at all (for Dec or any other date) and was not planned to come out until AT LEAST the later in the first quarter of 2014.

But today Funi changed their mind, and issued a statement putting the Standard Edition release of Great Guardians on the official schedule - for the first time mind you -and for Dec 31st. Ay ya! A great example of brand manager shenanigans from a studio, or worse, a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

In any case, whether the Dec 31st date holds remains to be seen - you know how these things go - but we're keeping our fingers crossed!
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5