• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Announces Anime Idol Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Bang Zoom! huh? Wonder if this means they are looking for someone to do Haruhi's singing voice in Melancholy...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
Bang Zoom! huh? Wonder if this means they are looking for someone to do Haruhi's singing voice in Melancholy...

That wouldn't remotely make any kind of sense, considering A) they've been working on the dub for months now and will likely be close to wrapping by the time AX comes around and B) the character has already been cast and likely they wouldn't need to hire another - particularly an amateur they found at an anime convention - to voice the "singing parts".
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
That wouldn't remotely make any kind of sense, considering A) they've been working on the dub for months now and will likely be close to wrapping by the time AX comes around and B) the character has already been cast and likely they wouldn't need to hire another - particularly an amateur they found at an anime convention - to voice the "singing parts".

Could you imagine if this really was how Bang Zoom wanted to cast the singer parts for this show? I'd hate to be at that particular part of convention 100000 otaku yelling and screaming out of tune......yikes.
Inuyasha&Kyoaremine-N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
It sounds interesting. *laughs* Anime kareoke
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote
You get to audition just because you can sing good? I mean maybe its a singing role but still- just because they can sing doesn't mean they can act.
I'm kind of wondering how these two go together.

and yes, i'm aware that many singers "try" to become actors but it doesn't always work out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sun3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, any karaoke contest is a bad one.
Steer clear of the area if you are prone to throwing things upon hearing horrible singers!

They probably didn't include the $7 pitchers of beer in the ad for a reason. Very Happy
Kimyo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Anime karaoke sounds like alot of fun! Where does this Anime Expo take place??? Is it anywhere near Texas?
DrSlump

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime Expo 2007 is being held in Long Beach, California this year.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Damn, and no way to vote for the "bad of the bad" and sabatoge it, making it a complete sham of the show.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Anime Idol, eh? Sounds alot like an anime version of the American Idol that I know of. Will contestants be sing Japanese songs regardless if they're heard in a certain anime or not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
aluria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
other conventions don't hold an Anime Idol? Huh.. Anime Evolution has been holding Anime Idol since 2003. I went and saw it last year and it was the best! Not everyone gets to sing on stage. People have to send in tapes of them singing and then I believe its 20 get chosen from that so the audience only hears the best. I know Anime Evolution always hosts in in part with Japan-a-Radio. I had thought this was a contest held at every convention. . . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1