• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dark Horse continuing to publish Eden?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSKK6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 am Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/8OoY0IZ44-td0usnjI/browse/item/100117/4/0/0

Is this for real?! I thought Dark Horse cancelled Eden: It's An Endless World.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Is this for real?!

It should be. Several months ago Dark Horse let us fans know they want to continue publishing Eden.
zeta kira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, finally a set date after Kumar announced that he already turned the script in earlier this year. Best news I've heard so far this year. Now excuse me while I go and place my order. Very Happy
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

Is this for real?!

It should be. Several months ago Dark Horse let us fans know they want to continue publishing Eden.

I have trouble believing dark horse said anything
NeburPT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Great news! But I hope they publish 15 and 16 and 17 and 18 as 2-in-1 omnibuses, since they're clearly only finishing the series for the fans - since there won't be any reprints of previous volumes for new readers - and I simply want to have the entire story finished and all volumes on my shelf rather than have to wait for more than two years for a new volume to come out. It seems like Dark Horse is also picking up the pace on the Blade of the Immortal volumes now that it has ended in Japan - there have been years in the past where they have only published a single volume of it in an entire year. Gantz is also going to end in the next 2 years since they are now publishing a volume every 3 months so I'm looking forward to see new licenses from them to replace these ones.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
They should just put the last 5 in omnibus volumes, 'cus it'll take forever to complete otherwise.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

Is this for real?!

They have, all though now I think about it, it has been a couple of years since they officially said they wanted to continue publishing Eden. It was some time before volume 13 was announced, I think.

The fact that they're still ordering translations is like an unofficial way to say it.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

Is this for real?!

They have, all though now I think about it, it has been a couple of years since they officially said they wanted to continue publishing Eden. It was some time before volume 13 was announced, I think.

The fact that they're still ordering translations is like an unofficial way to say it.

Never saw anything official just a guy claiming to be a translator saying its still on the cards. I used to quite like dark horse but their lack of announcements to do with anything other than star wars really hacked me off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1