• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
White Album 2 (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote

White Album 2

Genres: Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

Plot Summary:
Quote:
Fall, when graduation is only half a year away.

Haruki Kitahara, the final member of the light music club that dissolved, plays his guitar by the window after school in preparation for the school festival. It was the one and only adventure of a good student who spent two diligent years on his studies.

But when a flowing piano melody and a voice as a clear as bell harmonize with his guitar… He goes from being alone, to being two, then three in the light music club, as the semester he dreamed of, no, hoped for, began.

Ok, so I was initially hesitant about this show since I eventually dropped the first White Album a third of the way in to the second season. Couldn't stand the the majority of the characters. Luckily, except for the title album, this has nothing to do with the first WA and is a lot better. I like Haruki's way handling situations and it's nice that he's not a bland lead.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I remember having trouble making myself go through the first White Album; there was just so much melodrama for me to handle and the characters didn't help either. I eventually finished it but I don't recall much.

This season is very different though. So far it has only shown the [developing] relationships between the characters and if it's anything like the previous White Album, I'm going to be expecting tension between certain characters. I really like the 3 main cast so far; there's a lot of background on them and they're easy to understand. I'm loving Touma a lot, too. Ogiso has a really nice singing voice, too.
Stall_19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
My second favorite anime this season so far. Like the cast so far. Characters look like they could have some depth to them.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
this is like watching some jdrama or kdrama, but in anime form. So far so good, i will continue to watch it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
That song Setsuna was singing at the end of episode 1 is probably one of my favorites from this Fall season~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
That song Setsuna was singing at the end of episode 1 is probably one of my favorites from this Fall season~

i think that song is reused from another anime. I remember Aya Hirano sang that song in a concert.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

i think that song is reused from another anime. I remember Aya Hirano sang that song in a concert.

yeah, it's Yuki's song from the first White Album
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
This one, so far, is pretty good. I just hope it doesn't trainwreck like the first series trying to incorporate all the girl's paths.

I also hope to hear more old and original music from this one. The last series had amazing soundtracks.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I like how the show is taking its time and slowly building up the romance with the various small actions, like Setsunaspoiler[ playing with this hair at lunch] as well as slowly building up the drama that will surely happen between them
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
Setsuna sure loves to play with hair in every eps.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I like how the show is taking its time and slowly building up the romance with the various small actions, like Setsunaspoiler[ playing with this hair at lunch] as well as slowly building up the drama that will surely happen between them

I loved that scene. Looks like the drama will start next week with the toothbrush.

Who are you guys rooting for? In a poll in MAL, Kazusa has 75% of the votes Sad. I thought it would be a lot closer, but oh well I am still rooting for Setsuna.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
Kazusa, because i like mean girl more.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
I cant decide. I like both of them. the game apparently follows them a few years past college, so hopefully the anime will as well.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to mention, but I think Setsuna was pleasuring herself in the shower Anime smile .
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
yup. there is no other way to interpret that scene
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7