• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Rio-Bot Blodia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I purchased Cyberbots off of the Playstation Store for my Vita a few months ago (I'm a big fan of Kikaioh, the spiritual successor to the game, which also featured a guest appearance by Jin and the Blodia II Custom). Cyberbots had a lot more depth than I was expecting, with a really unique (and definitely 90's-flavored) universe, as well as detailed story cinematics for every opponent encounter. The only knock I might have against the game is, although the cutscenes are very character-centric, the actual battles mostly focus on the robots fighting, which kind of depersonalizes the matches a bit. It's cool to see the game still getting some love in the form of a poseable figure, considering it's such an obscure title, and it would be awesome if it helped spark some interest in a Capcom revival of the mech fighting series. Smile
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I have never seen the Blodia in full profile before. It does not disappoint. Very Happy
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Devilotte is an assist character in Project X Zone.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I liked that you made a reference to Votom's scopedog, since this design seems to be inspired by it with a Zaku twist (not surprising since both mecha were designed by Okawara).

I really like Sentinel's figures but I wish they were a bit less price-prohibitive for those like us who love rmecha (especially real robotesque, obscure ones) but cannot afford the line. I know it is made for a very small audience, but still it's a shame. I do think that for the little diecast they have (sometimes nothing at all) and how fragile they apparently are, they come off as "objectively" too expensive. I would have loved to get my hands on the break blade ones.

Btw thanks for having these kind of articles from time to time to mix things up a little instead of just figmas, revoltech or whatever the flavor of the month is. (mind you, I do like those lines too).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
An interesting choice for them to make figures from, but you can't argue with badass mecha designs. Blodia has become just as famous as Jin and Devilotte have become outside of their game universe. I would also like to put some time aside to try out Cyberbots. After reading up on it on Hardcore Gaming, it sounds like a blast.
XyzzySqrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Dave, you keep saying "Robots make a poor showing on Astro Toy". So I figured I'd make an account and pop in and ask politely that you please never stop doing robots on Astro-Toy, because the robots you pick are AWESOME.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1