• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces February Slate [2013-10-28]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Where is To Love Ru Darkness Sentai? The wait better be because it's going to be on blu ray.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Depending on my reception to the first season, I may snag up AKB0048's second season.

Time Bokan: Royal Revival also looks tempting to get as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Love, Election & Chocolate BD for me with possibly Hidamari Sketch Season 1 BD.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
There are 6 OVA Girls und Panzer specials, each about 5 minutes long (some shorter, some longer). What the hell is with the 74 minute running length? Only thing I can think of is that it'll have Anzio but there's no way Japan would allow that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not super jazzed that the GuP specials weren't part of the series release, but oh well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it also includes those Yukari's Tank Corner specials, since those were pretty long. But I think some of the specials were kind of long on their own, like the camping one and the banquet one, so the time probably does work out.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Dang, no Chuu-2 or Shin Sekai Yori. I hope Sentai releases them by May at the latest. It is interesting to see that Sentai keeps offering sub-only BD's and is updating past DVD-only releases to Dubbed BD's. This seems to suggest that we should eventually see Waiting in the Summer and Tari Tari on BD.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
Getting real impatient for Chuunibyou. They originally said 2013...

Sentai please I wanna watch a really bad dub of it sometime soon.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
Getting real impatient for Chuunibyou. They originally said 2013...

Sentai please I wanna watch a really bad dub of it sometime soon.

I highly believe they Stated at Otakon that they are going to release it somewhere in 2014.

I can guarentee a bad dub unless Steven and Chris ADR direct the show in the booth while drunk Anime hyper. And Pigtail girl will be voiced by Hilary Hagg and she will replace every word with "Dess!" Laughing

Seriously though. I doubt it will be bad since watching Litter Busters dubbed, I believe they can survive the moeness in Chuu.

Hell, Chris brought Tia Ballard to there booth whom is a funimation regular. He might lasso a few more actresses from them as well.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
a drunk Foster and Ayres sound like it would makes things worse
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
If i recall correctly girls und panzer the tv series includes the recap episodes 5.5 & 10.5 which are also the yukari tank corner specials.

The OAV 74 minute run time sounds right. Two of them were at least 15 minutes each.

Not too mad that i have to pay for the specials but would have like to have bought both at the same time.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
If i recall correctly girls und panzer the tv series includes the recap episodes 5.5 & 10.5

Yes
Quote:
which are also the yukari tank corner specials.

No

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Maybe it also includes those Yukari's Tank Corner specials, since those were pretty long. But I think some of the specials were kind of long on their own, like the camping one and the banquet one, so the time probably does work out.

We're not going to hear from Yukari. ;_; Over on AoDVD (and maybe Fandom Post, too), was the following:

WTK wrote:
This is what's included with the OVA specials release. The 6 Yukari's tank lectures specials are not included with this release. EDIT: got re-verification from S23 that episodes 5.5 and 10.5 (subtitled only) will be included with TV collection release.

Water war!
Survival War!
School Ship War!
Ankou War!
Snow War!
Banquet War!

So, we're not going to see them in the US, or we'll have to wait for ADV to release a third disc of just those. ADV probably wouldn't feel that they're marketable on their own (which is almost certainly correct), so I think that a separate release for them seems unlikely. Maybe we can get them if ADV ever gets around to making a TV/OVA collection release?

Because of all the missing content, and the partial-release strategy that ADV's using, I'm not sure if I'll be double-dipping with ADV's release. <sigh> Well, because of ADV's "quality"-control, I would've been waiting to hear how well the release turned out, anyway...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1