• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Cosmic Phantasy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote
I'm fascinated by Cosmic Star. It's also nice to see a non-sexist protagonist created "by accident", as it were.

Incidentally, is the entire column supposed to link to that image of Dan Hibiki's father?
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Incidentally, is the entire column supposed to link to that image of Dan Hibiki's father?

Anything less would be an insult to the greatness that is Go Hibiki.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Ultra Street Fighter IV: Something related to SFIV? Boring.

FFIV AY: I wonder if I'll ever get to finishing AY. I was pretty frustrated by how limited all the individual stories were in their scope of where you're allowed to go to. It was even more obnoxious with all the damage being dealt to your party at times. To be honest, I gave up on it. It was just too grating.

Earth Defense Force 2025: Oh just lol at those balloon maids.

Cosmic Star Heroine: While I have no interest in playing this or any of Zeboyd's nonsense, it is nice to see someone try to capture those beautiful SNES RPG days that only those of us who grew up in that era can comprehend.

Guided Fate Paradox: Maybe it didn't too sell well in Japan because it's essentially Unlosing Ranger with a new coat of paint over it. I don't know how well Unlosing Ranger did over there though (I know it did well here and received a lot of praise for its innovation).
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Wait, what's the controversy surrounding Penny Arcade this time? Is it still that stupid Dickwolves thing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Wait, what's the controversy surrounding Penny Arcade this time? Is it still that stupid Dickwolves thing?

Yeah, more Dickwolves merch and the pair being completely unrepentant.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
TL;DR - At PAX, idiot said on stage at their panel that pulling the merchandise was the "worst decision we ever made".
lostrune

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:

The old 'You can joke about pedophiles, homosexuality, child abuse, abortion, war, politics, the government but don't you dare joke about something I find offensive" that people seem to pop up every now and then. Funny how those people only pop up when it's about something offensive to them specifically and all those other subjects are totally fine to joke about since they don't care about them Laughing
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
gatotsu911 wrote:

The old 'You can joke about pedophiles, homosexuality, child abuse, abortion, war, politics, the government but don't you dare joke about something I find offensive" that people seem to pop up every now and then. Funny how those people only pop up when it's about something offensive to them specifically and all those other subjects are totally fine to joke about since they don't care about them Laughing

Who says nobody ever complains when those things are joked about? What's more, rape really isn't something to joke about: you don't know if anyone in the room is a rape survivor, and it might trigger some extremely negative mental demons.

This isn't a matter of something being offensive, it's just bad sense and poor taste. The guys at Penny Arcade came off as juvenile and insensitive as a result of the entire ordeal.

We live in a country that gave the world The Ten Words You Can't Say on TV, but that was momentous because it questioned why we can't say them on TV, not because someone dared to say them out loud. Crossing the line just so you can say you did is just foolish.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
gatotsu911 wrote:

Oh look, it's the old "I'm gonna jump in and show that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about" Laughing
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I would rather not have Go Hibiki in the new version of SFIV but that is mainly because I am not a Dan fan. Never was, never will. I am personally hoping that the fifth character would be either Lee or Geki from the first Street Fighter game as I thought they were pretty cool characters, even if Lee was a pain in the ass to fight.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote
While this does make the 1st time Dream Club characters have made their way into America, but Europe has had a few games with Dream Club's Riho before she became a Hostess.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
To be honest, I would rather not have Go Hibiki in the new version of SFIV but that is mainly because I am not a Dan fan. Never was, never will. I am personally hoping that the fifth character would be either Lee or Geki from the first Street Fighter game as I thought they were pretty cool characters, even if Lee was a pain in the ass to fight.

Yea I'm hoping it's not Dan related... One of the clues to the new character is that he or she have never been in SF before so Lee or Geki won't work.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
[quote="belvadeer"]Ultra Street Fighter IV: Something related to SFIV? Boring.

quote]

Thanks for your insightful view of SF. I'll make sure to skim through your post faster next time I see your name =)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Thanks for your insightful view of SF. I'll make sure to skim through your post faster next time I see your name =)

Thanks for your insightful reply which doesn't concern me in the least. =)
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:

Lol, typical Street Fighter fantard. Always butthurt when anyone insults their precious and repetitive fighter series. Let me guess, you're one of those serious business tourney freaks, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1