• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DeepDiscount.com / DVDPlanet.com / ImportCDs.com Sales Thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
And now an early start on this toward the holiday season @ DVDPlanet.com...

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided/section+23

Select Sentai Filmworks/Maiden Japan titles are up to 64% off (many are over 60% off).

======

This started on November 1, 2013.
Quote:
25% Off Sale @ DeepDiscount.com

http://www.deepdiscount.com/THE-BIG-SALE-2013

Coupon code: BIGSALE. Expires 11/18/2013 @ 11:59PM CST

Average deals for most titles. Anime titles wise best, deals are among the Sentai Filmworks and Maiden Japan titles. The titles to look for are November (maybe December) and beyond pre-order releases. These newer titles are not likely to be discounted much more than ~50% (if at all).

DVDPlanet.com is also running a mirror sale as well. Here is filtered results for the Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan titles: http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided?ed=4287383868. Some of the releases are listed on DP, but can't be ordered at this time.

Last edited by WTK on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Very annoying for DVDPlanet to list some titles with discounts and yet not allow users to add them to the shopping cart.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I snagged Patlabor TV 3 Blu-Ray for about $14 less than I spent on the first two volumes.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
November has only just started and I've already ordered way too much. I limited myself to just Canaan and Royal Space Force.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote
Posted these in the "what did you just buy" thread, but figured I'd post them here too since this topic is what influenced my purchases:

(from dvdplanet.com)

The Garden of Words (movie) Blu Ray - $13.01
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (movie) Blu Ray - $14.69
Grave of the Fireflies (movie) Blu Ray - $11.29
Campione! - Complete Collection Blu Ray - $25.11
Clannad: After Story - Complete Collection Blu Ray - $32.73
Little Busters! - Complete Collection Blu Ray (pre-order) - $25.90
Nakaimo: My Little Sister is Among Them - Complete Collection Blu Ray (pre-order) - $25.90

Tons of new/recent blu ray series for around $25 (which normally sell for $40-50 on sale everywhere else I've seen them - and are $10 cheaper than deepdiscounts current sale prices). Great prices on the three movies I picked up too, as they all normally sell for $20+.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
At DVDplanet, I can preorder a number BD tiles at 63% off? How does that even make sense?

Oh, I see, how sneaky of them. Unlike Deepdiscount, they kind of cheat. By the Time I can preorder Girls Und Panzer, I'd already have my own copy of it.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Posted these in the "what did you just buy" thread, but figured I'd post them here too since this topic is what influenced my purchases:

(from dvdplanet.com)

The Garden of Words (movie) Blu Ray - $13.01
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (movie) Blu Ray - $14.69
Grave of the Fireflies (movie) Blu Ray - $11.29
Campione! - Complete Collection Blu Ray - $25.11
Clannad: After Story - Complete Collection Blu Ray - $32.73
Little Busters! - Complete Collection Blu Ray (pre-order) - $25.90
Nakaimo: My Little Sister is Among Them - Complete Collection Blu Ray (pre-order) - $25.90

Tons of new/recent blu ray series for around $25 (which normally sell for $40-50 on sale everywhere else I've seen them - and are $10 cheaper than deepdiscounts current sale prices). Great prices on the three movies I picked up too, as they all normally sell for $20+.

you scored big!
I just saw the sale I better grab a few things
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
wow, my cart got into hundreds of dollars so I just narrowed it down since blackfriday has not even started yet

bodacious space pirates part 1 and 2
horizon part 1 and 2
campione
k-on movie
nakaimo
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
And regular pricing are back up now @ DP. It's very possible that the sales prices were unintentionally activated this early.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
Laughing With DP/DD anything is possible.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
True. Anything that can go wrong with them will.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
So my DVDP order shipped on the 5th; minus the pre-orders, obviously (their emails went to my spam folder for some reason, and no tracking info was provided). However, on my account dashboard, it shows that the order is 'not yet shipped' and that my card hasn't been charged. A quick message to customer service confirmed that the available titles have indeed been sent out and a check of my credit card statement online showed I had been charged for the items that were shipped.

I'll reserve final judgment until I receive my order, but so far, not quite as well-oiled a machine as other sites I've dealt with. If their prices are this good during future sales, though, it might still be worth it to deal with the minor inconveniences.
varmintx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
So my DVDP order shipped on the 5th; minus the pre-orders, obviously (their emails went to my spam folder for some reason, and no tracking info was provided). However, on my account dashboard, it shows that the order is 'not yet shipped' and that my card hasn't been charged. A quick message to customer service confirmed that the available titles have indeed been sent out and a check of my credit card statement online showed I had been charged for the items that were shipped.

I'll reserve final judgment until I receive my order, but so far, not quite as well-oiled a machine as other sites I've dealt with. If their prices are this good during future sales, though, it might still be worth it to deal with the minor inconveniences.
A good rule of thumb with regard to DD and DP: never trust the information on their sites. I'm sure your order is on its way.
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Backordered.

Well, I guess I can't expect to get things as quickly when I don't order from "The usual sources"
Altacia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
I was a little scared of ordering with DVDPlanet after the abysmal service that DeepDiscount gave me...

Only ordered one thing since, it's the one BluRay I've been waiting and waiting for to get to what I deem is a "reasonable" price.

AKB0048 is apparently on it's way from California, it shipped in under 24 hours so I am actually a bit impressed... so far. California is far away, it probably won't get here till Wednesday or later since Monday is a Holiday.

Laughing

Their website is shaping up to be just like DD's though, it shipped and the order status still says it hasn't shipped.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5