• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Creamy Mami DVD Set 2 Release Reaches Crowdfunding Goal

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As of press time, Dear Brother, Magical Idol Pastel Yumi, Hurricane Polymar and Tezuka's 24-hour specials

Also, Black Jack set 2, which can also be bundled with set 1.

Edit: So Sols just tweeted that the DVDs will have selectable [I think they meant removable.] subs.

Edit 2: Also, Dear Brother only has five days left. So if you want it, get it already.

Last edited by GATSU on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, 2 hours? Thats cutting it close, but its good to see it funded nonetheless. There would've been quite a few unhappy fans if only half the show ended up being released on DVD.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
We now must focus on Oniisama e and Pastel Yumi Wink
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
We now must focus on Oniisama e and Pastel Yumi Wink

Yeah. I ordered both. I especially want to see Dear Brother get released. I loved that show.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not interested in THIS show, but in case I am for future Anime Sols titles, would I have to pledge money in advance, or could I buy it later on RightStuf or something?
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
Purple: Sols claims they should have extra copies through Right Stuf. However, if it's a tv show, you can always buy the earlier set later with the next set.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I'm not interested in THIS show, but in case I am for future Anime Sols titles, would I have to pledge money in advance, or could I buy it later on RightStuf or something?

Any extra copies will be available from RightStuf, but it's always good to pledge during the goal period so your money can help the series make its goal!
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
How does one get the bundle of Black Jack 1 with Black JAck 2?

Also, I went ahead and did my first AnimeSols pledge for Oniisama e... ! Hopefully they shall make it (there's less than $1300 to go, right? That's, what, about 43 more people who need to pledge for sets in the next 5 days? Here's hoping...)
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
How does one get the bundle of Black Jack 1 with Black JAck 2?

Also, I went ahead and did my first AnimeSols pledge for Oniisama e... ! Hopefully they shall make it (there's less than $1300 to go, right? That's, what, about 43 more people who need to pledge for sets in the next 5 days? Here's hoping...)

When you pledge for any support package that includes the second DVD set (Click the Pledge Support button), you'll see an option asking if you want to "add-on" a copy of Set 1, check the box and it'll be added to your pledge.
Like the rest of it, you're only charged if the goal is met for Set 2.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Ah, ok then, thanks!

I see a 24 TV special set, how is that different from the first one? It doesn't just contain Bremen, right? Wonder if they'd consider trying the other one again at some point. Or just any of the older ones once they're a bit more known. Have any of their DVD sets come out yet? All it'll take is one for me to know I can give them more money.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ah, ok then, thanks!

I see a 24 TV special set, how is that different from the first one? It doesn't just contain Bremen, right? Wonder if they'd consider trying the other one again at some point. Or just any of the older ones once they're a bit more known. Have any of their DVD sets come out yet? All it'll take is one for me to know I can give them more money.

As the Set description says, this one contains Bremen 4, Prime Rose, and Baggy (which we'll be launching soon)

The first set with Bander Book, Marine Express, and Fuumoon unfortunately didn't make the goal (but since the movies are all stand alone we've gone ahead with the goal for the next set of 3). We might try again with the first three movies in the future once we get a bigger userbase.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
Cheers to those who rallied in the last few days to put this over the top. I'm not actually interested in Creamy Mami, but I almost pitched a little in because would like to see this site succeed and didn't like the idea of those who funded the first set being left hanging. That proved, fortunately, unnecessary. I really hope that the third set has an easier time, I can't stand all of this nail-biting, high-tension drama.

I am, however, very interested in Dear Brother..., which I've pledged $90 for. It still needs $1,205 dollar and has four days to raise it. I hope that it's not as much of a squeaker and especially that the next set doesn't fall short.

I'm inclined toward pledging to the next 24-hour specials set, even though it looks like a real long-shot. Prime Rose looks to be right up my alley and the rest seem rather interesting too. That'll probably have to wait, however, until December. I can only crowdfund so many things at a time, so I'll probably wait until Dear Brother... and Bee & Puppycat hit their deadlines.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Surrender:
Quote:
and didn't like the idea of those who funded the first set being left hanging.

You need the first 26 to get a complete story. The second half of Mami seems to rely on more generic fantasy bs than anything interesting, but I'm hoping it gets back to what made it entertaining again soon;.

Quote:
That proved, fortunately, unnecessary.

No, believe me, it was very necessary. It was thirty minutes from being canceled for good. Or at least until they decided to bring it back. And the margin was in the bleepin' hundreds, too.

Quote:
I really hope that the third set has an easier time, I can't stand all of this nail-biting, high-tension drama.

Well, the first set should come in soon, and that should hopefully improve the current fan impression of Anime Sols.

Quote:
I hope that it's not as much of a squeaker and especially that the next set doesn't fall short.

Yeah, whatever you do, don't get cocky about it, unless it's really close and there's time to spare.

Quote:
and the rest seem rather interesting too.

Don't forget about Black Jack, if you're a Tezuka fan.
F-Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm not actually interested in Creamy Mami, but I almost pitched a little in because would like to see this site succeed and didn't like the idea of those who funded the first set being left hanging. That proved, fortunately, unnecessary.

I eventually pleged $80 although I'm not interested in the show either (and won't have the first set). I'll never be sure if it was necessary or not. It just didn't seem to be moving with still a lot left to make and very little time. It seems like people are motivated to pledge only when they see other people pledge for some reason, hence why these drives barely get any contribution between the beginning and end. It's like they don't realize their cards aren't charged if the goal isn't reached.

Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm inclined toward pledging to the next 24-hour specials set, even though it looks like a real long-shot. Prime Rose looks to be right up my alley and the rest seem rather interesting too.

Oh yes. Everyone needs to watch Prime Rose. Do it for Bunretsu who's basically the best character ever.

GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Dear Brother's currently at $11,965. Oh, and one day left to get your Mami merch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3