• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Woriking on a fan-made manga about barmaids.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HammelsJoker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi all,

These are a collection of drawings for an upcoming manga about barmaids in CA that is being made. At the moment the artists are trying to decide on a format and style for publication in late 2014 to early 2015. Please reply saying which of these will work best for the series, and if you want to see the photos of the original barmaid who is working with the artists let me know, and feel free to submit any art as well. So far most have voted for the one with the half-chibi look and bar background, or the red background since it's closest to the photos they are working with. It's meant to be a slice of life style manga with a possible chibi style but it is undecided yet. Anyone can comment on the samples and leave feedback, but try to be precise and even suggest alternative manga styles if you want. They are also considering going with 'golden age' American cartoon aesthetics but have yet to draw anything along those lines. The working title is 'Kyabakura Go!' but there are also three other titles being considered. Thanks for any feedback or commnents!

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

Pic #5

Pic #6

Pic #7

Pic #8

Pic #9

Pic #10

Pic #11

Pic #12

Last edited by HammelsJoker on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the ANN forums.

I turned all your pics into links, as we do not allow pure gallery-type posts (or listing for that matter, but in this case, it's the lesser of two evils).

I also suggest that you make a slightly better effort in your opening statement (like I said to another guy, here), if you want to elicit any kind of feedback from the rest of the community. Otherwise, they'll just see this as "another guy advertising his personal pet project," which is not a good thing.

Good luck.

EDIT: Fixed some punctuation.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
HammelsJoker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks I have tried to make the posting more detailed as you suggested, and also thank you for linking the images if that is better. It's under way by a group of artists based out of Montreal and Tokyo for the most part, with a contributor from San Francisco as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1