• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dictatorial Grimoire GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
tortured efforts to get male characters into clothes that vaguely resemble the Disney princess versions of fairy tale costumes

I'm assuming you are referring to Snow White. I thought his outfit was one of the best bits in the book: how often do you get to see Disney Princess dresses re-interpreted as male stripper costumes? Also, dudes in bustiers, opera gloves and hot pants = hot. Very Happy

Although I must say I don't get the point of those greaves / winged shoe things Cinderella has on. He looks like a reject from some over-designed otome game.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, I was a fan of Not-So-Little Red Riding Hood, myself. Laughing

You're right, though - Cinderella's Glass Greaves were pretty special - and I actually thought this was an over-designed otome game adaptation at first. Smile
lebrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
and I actually thought this was an over-designed otome game adaptation at first.

Me too! But then the author talks about coming up with the character designs with her editor, so I guess it's all original...
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 am Reply with quote
I think I'll actually give it a shot, sounds fun to someone with my, err, interests. haha.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
@Trilaan

It really is almost in the "so bad it's good" category, so if you're at all interested, do check it out.

As I was writing the review, I realized that I was some strange combination of the absolute best and absolute worst person to be reviewing this title, what with me studying fairy tales and all. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1