• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - One Reason

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
That Bubsy screenshot...seriously, what the...fudge monkeys?

Namco High: Valkyrie looks like she belongs in an episode of Gumball. As for Homestuck, just why?

Xbox One: No comment. Moving on.

Super Mario 3-D World:

Quote:
On the other hand, it makes the characters look like they're wearing pajamas or suiting up for a furry convention.

In Japan, they'd be considered pajamas (animal pajamas are a thing there). In the U.S., you'd be called a furry.

As I stated previously, it's nice to be able to play with the classic adventuring Mario team of four again. It should really be this way so Peach isn't a completely useless character. And yes, one Toad from now on. No more duplicates.
klokei07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually super excited for Namco High just for the fact that the inclusion of Lolo hints at the impossible possibility of Klonoa 3 Crying or Very sad
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather watch both seasons of yuru yuri than buy a xbox one.
Not feeling any reason to trust sony either.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A Link Between Worlds makes the questionable choice of replicating the Super NES game's sprites with unimpressive, low-detail 3-D, but we don't play Zelda games just for looks, do we?

Um, have you actually played the game at all Todd? With the 3D on and seamless 60fps, the game actually looks pretty damn cool, even if a bit plasticky. If you've only seen screen caps and 2D trailer footage you shouldn't really judge a 3DS game's visuals...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

As I stated previously, it's nice to be able to play with the classic adventuring Mario team of four again. It should really be this way so Peach isn't a completely useless character. And yes, one Toad from now on. No more duplicates.

And just today, they announced a 5th playable character! Cool

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35969

Seriously, I hope this means that now Nintendo can't go back to the whole "save Princess Peach" plot because peeps will take note in later installments of the main series.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
This next week or so is a good one. I'm picking up Senran Kagura Burst, Aquapazza, Soulcalibur 2 HD and the Ace Attorney DLC case.

The next big week is going to be Feb 7-11, when Bravely Default, Danganronpa and Final Fantasy XIII-3 all come out. Hyped!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And just today, they announced a 5th playable character! Cool

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35969

Seriously, I hope this means that now Nintendo can't go back to the whole "save Princess Peach" plot because peeps will take note in later installments of the main series.

Yet will you look at the whiners who don't want Rosalina being playable? Unbelievable.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
That Bubsy screenshot...seriously, what the...fudge monkeys?

Namco High: Valkyrie looks like she belongs in an episode of Gumball. As for Homestuck, just why?

Because Hussie is a good writer? I have never understood Homestuck's hatedom. Look, hate the...whatever the fudge it is, but th weird sort of arbitrary and utterly pointless hatred people sling at it is just insanely strange.

Hussie is a guy capable of foreshadowing absurdly early, weaving in stuff so subtly you don't notice until it's important, and juggling an absurd amount of plotlines together and making them all fit. As a writer myself, I seriously respect the guy for the utter insanity yet coherence of everything he writes. I stopped reading HS a long time ago, but it's a damn good series if you're willing to kill an hour reading stuff that seems utterly pointless until 500 pages later. That and you can handle a story that switches between like...4 periods of time, all of which are important.
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote
Also, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade gets a new flat-chested, goth-loli character. Because at this point, why the hell not: http://shoryuken.com/2013/11/13/new-character-marirose-to-join-the-cast-of-dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-in-arcade-release/
Dimlos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
Danganronpa's nice and all, but it's always disappointed me that it's apparently considerably more popular than the Extreme/Zero Escape series, which is why we keep getting more and more Danganronpa rereleases/merchandise and the third Zero Escape has basically been forgotten.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Because Hussie is a good writer? I have never understood Homestuck's hatedom. Look, hate the...whatever the fudge it is, but th weird sort of arbitrary and utterly pointless hatred people sling at it is just insanely strange.

And I have never understood the appeal. Besides, I'm not "hating" on it. It was just a silent question to no one in particular.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
It was just a silent question to no one in particular.

On the internet, your question isn't silent if people can read it.

Todd Ciolek wrote:
This sequel breaks with Zelda tradition by letting Link traverse the dungeons in whatever order he chooses

I've been seeing this sentiment kicked around the net recently. People who say/write this seem to never have accidentally stumbled into the 6th Labyrinth of the first Zelda while searching for the 3rd Labyrinth. Those Wizzrobes were terrifying.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
Danganronpa's nice and all, but it's always disappointed me that it's apparently considerably more popular than the Extreme/Zero Escape series, which is why we keep getting more and more Danganronpa rereleases/merchandise and the third Zero Escape has basically been forgotten.

Danganronpa is more "Anime". Its got tons of cute girls, in a high school setting, has a more wacky plot, etc. Zero Escape series doesn't really appeal to the normal anime demographic as much.

Danganronpa 1 sold 7 times as many copies as Zero Escape 1 in Japan, so don't get your hopes up too much about merchandise for it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Todd Ciolek wrote:
This sequel breaks with Zelda tradition by letting Link traverse the dungeons in whatever order he chooses

I've been seeing this sentiment kicked around the net recently. People who say/write this seem to never have accidentally stumbled into the 6th Labyrinth of the first Zelda while searching for the 3rd Labyrinth. Those Wizzrobes were terrifying.

The point isn't that some Zelda games have allowed you to change the order of dungeons to some extent (like doing Misery Mine before the Ice Palace in ALttP), but most of them will block you from completing the dungeon without the item you get in a previous dungeon.

With the ability to rent items from a shop, this game uniquely allows you to complete the dungeons in any order, instead of just playing with their intended order a bit, or having to partially complete them to get the items to change their completion order.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1