• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I like the gungi game master girl. She is kind of goofy, spoiler[but it is pretty clear at this point that she has some kind of nen power that makes her mentally superior to the King. This is undoubtedly affecting the King in some way where he was not expecting a mere human to be able to equal or surpass him.]
Clarste

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I like the gungi game master girl. She is kind of goofy, spoiler[but it is pretty clear at this point that she has some kind of nen power that makes her mentally superior to the King. This is undoubtedly affecting the King in some way where he was not expecting a mere human to be able to equal or surpass him.]

spoiler[I think she's just a "master". Remember way back in Yorknew when Gon and Killua looked for traces of aura to find masterpieces hidden among the flea market? They said something about great artists and whatnot awakening nen. The series focuses a lot of "martial artists" for lack of a better term, but nen was never limited to fighting, and awakening nen can be done in any form of art. Including board games maybe?]
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Her personality is a meh.

I'm really liking Killua. He's become more of a reason to watch than Gon. Hunter x Hunter is doing really well character wise.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 104
Decent episode. spoiler[Cheetu's strategy almost failed this time when Morel utilized his own with the smoke rope]. Ah, I wonder what kind of new moves he will put out next time.

Speaking of moves, that spoiler[Komugi girl is pretty good against the Chimera King. Hell, at this rate, I predict the Chimera King might actually lose.] He seems to be enjoying the match though but I think next time might escalate into a new level of intensity based on that PV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Morel and Cheetu are playing a patience game.]
So far it's just annoying..
spoiler[King and the girl] still at it as well.
With all this playing around, I'm seriously longing for some fights.
Luckily, things spoiler[changed a bit in the second half of the episode.]
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 104

Speaking of moves, that spoiler[Komugi girl is pretty good against the Chimera King. Hell, at this rate, I predict the Chimera King might actually lose.] He seems to be enjoying the match though but I think next time might escalate into a new level of intensity based on that PV.

spoiler[the king's been losing this whole time]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 104

spoiler[the king's been losing this whole time]

I think Stark700 meant spoiler["never beat her"... losing overall. And I agree. I don't think he can beat her at that game.]
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
At long last, with Episode 104 the show has finally caught up to where I stopped reading the manga, about five or so years ago. From here on out, it's all going new content for me, so I'm really interested to see what happens. Smile
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[I don't really understand that King.
He keeps on playing games and nothing else.
So far, he's been pretty much useless..
His underlings are doing all the work.
Well, at least the Gungi match was very interesting this time.
Once again the King made an unexpected move.
Looks like the Hunters are finally making their move..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Geez, the King sure is something...spoiler[ripping his freaking arm off as part of the bet although he called it off afterwards. The more interesting part is how Komugi bet her own life as she mentioned based on her back story. What an interesting girl. I bet the King even respects her for that.]

On the other hand, I'm curious to see how this whole spoiler[Palace invasion go as there are three humans not counted as food based on the latest episode.]

Pitou also has an spoiler[interesting ability there when he began to heal the Chimera King's arm.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
Looks like it'll be back to the "real battle" now. Pity, since i really enjoyed the Gungi match and how it influenced the two players, especially the King spoiler[who, for the first time, started to feel something else than contempt for a human.]

Also, i really like how this series manages to introduce interesting, non-stereotypical female characters which is pretty rare for shounen manga/anime.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Very intense episode.
Especially the first half with all the sneaking around.
That Secretary sure is a real perv.
Can't wait to see Palm teach him a lesson.
They sure are putting a lot of faith in just one plan.
Interesting foundations have been laid.
Now it's time to see what will happen next time.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 106:

Damn, my heart was pounding watching spoiler[Knov trying to sneak into the palace. He did get spotted briefly there..]

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to see their plan is carried out. spoiler[Palm and Knov seems to be doing okay so far although the latter is scared out of his wits. I don't blame him though after feeling Pitou's nen from that distance. Also, I'm wondering how Morel will take on that ant with his current abilities]. It should be a decent match to look forward to!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Leol vs Morel
Looks like lion-man likes surfing LOL
It was a pretty cool fight and original too.
That Leol really knows how to pull aces out his sleeves.
Morel isn't half bad either.
It was very interesting watching them analyze/explain each others powers.
Undercover Palm was doing her job very well.
Maybe even too well for own good..
It was nice to see Killua and his new friend again ^^]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Holy snap, Killua's spoiler[muscles]...

Great episode again. Although Morel spoiler[won his fight, I fear for what might happen to Palm as it seems like one of the Chimera Royal Guards discovered her. On another note, Octobro and Killua's conversation was perfection.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 39 of 52