• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Kashimashi ~Boy Meets Dragon~

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dranxis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably pick up Dragon Drive just because it's got dragons in it. I'm a sucker for those little buggers. Sad

And, yay for Sexy Voice and Robo! I didn't find it as amazing as some people did, but it was a very enjoyable read none-the-less.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
How can you ignore the NCAA Tournament until the Final Four when the best games are in the middle rounds? Laughing This year's Final Four games were nothing compared to some of the early round games.

I think my local Waldenbooks is cutting back on their manga, as they haven't gotten Vol. 13 of Eyeshield, which does upset me, since like most of the series, the anime probably doesn't do much justice to the events in the manga, but I can't think of a review I'd read that would lead me to believe I wouldn't enjoy any given Eyeshield 21 volume.

I also enjoyed the second volume of Kashimashi, though I thank my strange infatuation for Hazumu for carrying me through parts of this series I think are a bit strange and not very good, but I'll take yuri angst anyday over any alternative I can think of.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
Ah, I bought Sexy Voice and Robo within the last month. What a coincidence. Anyway, I'll be getting around to reading it soon. I'd better pick up Kashimashi vol 2 also. I just love the series (both manga and anime).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quote
I'll definitely be picking up Sexy Voice and Robo. I've seen it in my comic book store, but I've always thought that it was two volumes like the Japanese one so I've been hesitant to buy it >.>

About Eyeshield, I've never really found myself disappointed with any volume, including this one :p
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I already have KashiMashi Vol 2 on order at my comic book shop...now if it will ever come in. Sexy Voice and Robo sounds interesting, maybe I will have to look at it.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry about the definition of emo. It's been renendered mostly meaingless and is a blanket term for this whole whiny self absorbed generation. Bah. My whiney self absorbed generation didn't need a term like that. Geez. Kids these days. They have no idea what my generation went through. Think they're so special. Rolling Eyes
scortia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Despite how long some games may wind up (I'm looking at you, Deimon vs Shinryuuji !!), I've never been bored enough to give them a C rating. Granted, I've not seen a series as hilarious and also serious as this one in years. AND I HATE FOOTBALL. Oh well, to each their own.

*The filler in the Eyeshield 21 anime could easily earn a D from me though, bleck.

Sexy Voice and Robo seems interesting.
smoochy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Sexy Voice and Robo! One of my most valued possesions. It is criminal that more of his work has not been published over here.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I want to read/see Sexy voice and Robo, my friend from Japan said it's very good ^__^

Wow. I'm surprised at the Avril Lavigne manga. I guess manga is getting more and more mainstream by the minute.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I read the first volume of Kashimashi, and I just flat-out adored it. When I go back to work this summer (ah, disposable income, how I've missed you...) the second volume is a definite purchase. That, and Sexy Voice and Robo; looks to be quite the interesting read.

[OT]
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
How can you ignore the NCAA Tournament until the Final Four when the best games are in the middle rounds? Laughing This year's Final Four games were nothing compared to some of the early round games.

Three words: East Rutherford Regional.
[/OT]

Last edited by NGE1113 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Feh, NCAA basketball's never really interested me. Now the Stanley Cup playoffs are a much different story. Even the early rounds offer great games.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Not even my love of anything Kuroda can overcome my immense distrust for J-dramas. I just don't see how they're going to capture what made the manga so great. The casting choice for Robo doesn't help either. I don't know, maybe they'll pull it off. That girl IS pretty cute (wait how old is she?)
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quote
I gotta say that I adored the easily missable referance to The Shadow in the preview blurb.
Good lord Im only 18, why did I catch that??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shamelessfanboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
That girl IS pretty cute (wait how old is she?)

Like 13, dude. Don't feel too guilty though, I had the same damn reaction.

Kudos for choosing Sexy Voice as one of the best ever, 'cause, y'know. It totally is.
Sun King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Those Wu Tang Clan graphic novels sound cool. I'll probably buy them if they ever get released, especially Ghostface's and the GZA's. I'm counting on the GZA's having an interesting story, since he's such an amazing lyricist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2