• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping Riki would punch Kyosuke. no such luck
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I was hoping Riki would punch Kyosuke. no such luck

Why would you want him to do that? If you were in his situation, can you really do it? It's Kyousuke we're talking about. He's the master of having fun, and now that he spoiler[went down into the gutter, depressed as f*ck, had no ray of life in his eyes at all], do you think punching him will give any solution? Beside, Riki spoiler[in this timeline] doesn't know and never came up with the idea that spoiler[Kyousuke was the mastermind], so for him, both Kyousuke and Rin are just the victim. No way Riki would do that, seriously.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
maybe not, but it would certainly make me feel better, and maybe get some sort of reaction out of the guy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
I think this show is going to make my head explode lol.

I get what they are doing...but that was a very confusing way of doing it. ^__^;

Kinda disappointed in ep 07...I really thought the answers would be revealed...but stupid me, it's too early for that yet.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Refrain episode 8:

Decent episode. I like how they showed a different side of spoiler[Masato as a badass guy. The flashback when he was a kid was also fun to watch to show exactly how he was as a kid.]

Thatspoiler[ zombie walk and trap set by Rin was pretty funny] tbh. Overall, fun episode. I'm curious what spoiler[Kengo] is doing there at the end though or what he has in stored for the show next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed reaction to Episode 8.

First, what I like is the spoiler[childhood scene where Kyousuke and Masato fight. Along with Song for Friends as the BGM, that scene was just hit through my heart.]

And then, what I don't really like is spoiler[Masato walking like zombie, him running away in a comedic way] totally kill the mood. Somehow I just can't take the episode seriously.
And they also cut a lot of scene and the pace was going too fast. I know it can't be helped since it's just 13-episode anime, but still.... I don't think this adaptation can make me feel the same like in the VN.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

If only Masato had this kind of depth early on. It feels like he is a part we are only just understanding now. A different way to think when we and characters thought he acted like an idiot.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
Aside of the latest episode, has anyone watched the BD OVA? The UMAU UMAU thing, I mean.

And also, the CM for Refrain special, a.k.a. LB! EX, is now online

http://youtu.be/58cpWOLQqzs

spoiler[Saya!]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting on the OVA to be subbed. Definitely looking forward to watching that and the first EX episode as well as the rest of Refrain of course.

I really enjoyed the parallels of how Riki ended up spoiler[defeating Masato ended up being very much like how it went in the past when Kyousuke defeated him]. That was quite well done by JC Staff.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Lame first half. Great second half.

Shotas make everything better.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I'm okay with this episode, but TBH they cut too many scene from the actual script. I'm pretty disappointed that they don't include the scene involving Rin's spoiler[child (?), Lawrence].
And for the anime-viewers only, maybe you'll never understand what's up with Kengo and spoiler[Koshiki Miyuki]

Overall it's a pretty spoiler[touching, tearjerking] episode. And with another shot of spoiler[Shota Kyousuke], I pretty much enjoyed this episode.

spoiler[And for the last scene of the episode....]
The end is very very near. Prepare yourself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Refrain episode 9:

I'm hoping some light will be shed regarding spoiler[Miyuki]'s involvement with this arc. Otherwise, I'm somewhat lost as her role in this season so far despite being shown once.

Kengo may not be my favorite character from the show but the way the episode highlighted him sure caught my attention. Oh and Rin was pretty cool too. I saw some posts regarding a foreshadowing relating to Kyousuke in this episode. I'll look forward to that as well soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

Why am I getting teary eyed? I do think that it was great that we found out about Kengo too, that spoiler[what made him a Little Buster was just wanting to have some fun and forgetting about winning]. The Rin and Riki parts are great, the seem stronger, a couple moments I remarked that they were looking like Kyousuke with their confidence.

We did have Rin kind of spoiler[remembering all of the girls, her friends who have been missing]. They really have spoiler[barely appeared in this season] and I feel that it is a weakness. But by the title of next episode it looks like we will finally get some answers. We did get some clues this time by Kengo, and based on a flash it looks like spoiler[Riki and or Rin may be the victim of a bus accident], perhaps he is spoiler[in a coma and his narcolepsy is him waking up or his vitals dropping].
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Crap.....this is really going to hurt a lot.....

Quote:
Why am I getting teary eyed?

*wry laughter*
Oh, son....they're just getting started...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
I think what's annoying me the most right now is that nobody will tell Rin and Riki anything. everyone's gotta be ridiculously vague all the damn time and expect them to just shut and up and do as they say. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason that's going to be revealed later on, but for now, I'm annoyed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 32