• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Idolmaster Xenoglossia.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
Idolmaster Xenoglossia

Hmmm, let's see here. There's a pretty popular video game for the arcade and Xbox 360 from Bandai Namco called THE IDOLM@STER where you can choose a girl and have about a year to make her an idol. So then Sunrise decided to make a really, REALLY loose adaptation by having the idol girls pilot giant robots in order to destroy any meteors that comes crashing down (if you ask me, that's the plot that comes straight from Stratos 4 Rolling Eyes ).

I'm already 3 episodes in, and I'm still on fence whether to continue it. Yet, I'm still being drawn into it just because it looks mindlessly fun (granted they did hinted at some plot). And also the fact I started playing the Idolmaster every week at my anime club with my character being Haruka so it is rather interesting to see her at a totally different situation.[list=][/list]
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quote
I'm actually enjoying this one. I was planning on avoiding it but I watched the first episode on a whim and I liked it enough that I've decided to stick with it (I recently watched episode 3). The characters are rather generic, the premise is kinda "meh", and some of it is plain ridiculous, but it's just so... entertaining. It has a great, non-serious approach that I really like. It also has some well- placed jokes, decent animation, and potential for good mecha action.

I'm going to keep following it for now and hopefully we'll see those plot hints turn into something good. This was a surprise for me, but it's fun and I'm looking forward to seeing how things go from here.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I just watched 1 and I've really taken a liking to this one. Of course it does have all the characters that are in an anime like this, and it has the innocent main character be chosen to pilot a somewhat legendary or sealed away robot that takes it upon itself to go out and grab it's pilot, which always happens, but like always I like the generic characters and I like the robot's design for this one, or at least the controls for them.

I was a little disappointed that they would make quite a few panty references without having panty shots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1