• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Coppelion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Aoi displays some sort of useful function soon because otherwise her presence on the team is utterly mystifying to me. I completely reject DP's theory that she is supposed to be the "human interface" cog with survivors. Both Ibara and Taeko handle themselves very well in that department. Aoi brings nothing new or useful to the table so far. Conventional story-telling dictates that she will eventually get her moment in the sun - hope it's not something cheesy that makes us all groan.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[So the Ozu twins(Younger sister Shion has super strength and bones and older sister Kanon has Electric powers) sadistic behavior is due to how they were created. All Coppelions are clones of humans who died and Ozu sisters were cloned from a actress who was actually a serial killer.

And Ozu sisters decides to help the Ghosts in their plans to blow up the plant due to Kanon learning from Haruto and the Vice Principal that the Coppelions will die in a specific time. This didn't please Kanon who now see humans are using them as dolls so she wants them dead so the Coppelions will be the new dominant race. Ibara is unswayed and defeats the twins but later learns due to the twins placing barrels all over the city, the radiation is spreading thanks to an upcoming storm.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Looks like other coppelion are nothing like our girls..
Those spoiler[sisters] sure made a lot of trouble.
Interesting how every coppelion has spoiler[unique abilities.
Never thought I'd see evil clones here.]

Well, at least they made things kinda intense.
Ibara just keeps on surprising me.
That girl is impressive in every way.
Honestly, why do all the spoiler[psychos get the best powers?]!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ok whoever created the Coppelion might be the biggest bunch of idiots i have ever seen. Why the bloody hell would you make a clone of someone who is a serial killer and give them the same emotions/personality????!!! Didn't they think that it would back fire or something? Even if they had found out later that she was a secret serial killer they should have retrieved them instead of just leaving them alone to reek havoc. I can understand for a "Cleanup Crew" you'll probably need someone who is fine with killing people since i'm assuming that's what they group is designed for. But it would make 10x more sense if they cloned someone from the military who has killed/seen death but hasn't gone crazy over it. Oh and why not give both of them some of the most powerful abilities too. I'm sure they'll use them wisely!

I'm pretty sure the sisters will be back. I'm not sure why they think that chaining them down is going to do anything when one of them has super strength. Would have been better to off them in my opinion but i suppose that would be a tad cruel.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Ok whoever created the Coppelion might be the biggest bunch of idiots i have ever seen. Why the bloody hell would you make a clone of someone who is a serial killer and give them the same emotions/personality????!!!

Perhaps they thought spoiler[mixing in some eel for balance might help?]

Somewhere in the middle of this episode i thought the series was trying to be Kill la Kill now with the over-the-top crazy sisters battle, Ibara's almost wearing a fitting oufit now, too...unfortunately this show is a lot less entertaining...spoiler[and will the freaking baby ever be born?!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8...

Oh snap, it's another spoiler[Misaka Mikoto! No, it's Kanon Ozu! Well, they adapted the Ozu Sisters into this show and they're badass I guess. Well, the fight was okay but honestly, it's mostly Ibara doing the fighting. ]

Regarding the sisters, spoiler[they will be back.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

The sisters are sure interesting, I guessed from the description that the spoiler[scientists did not realize that the actress was a serial killer before she was used]. When they found out it probably would have been spoiler[wrong to kill them, and instead decided to take advantage of their genes], which seems to have not worked well when they spoiler[found out they have nothing to look forward to]. To me they said that she was spoiler[secretly a serial killer], so they might not have known about what they had done until the spoiler[actress' crimes came out or they both started to show signs of being psychopaths and they put things together.]

Also, I am really not surprised that their spoiler[lifespans are so short if they have such a fast metabolism].
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
They might not have known she was spoiler[a serial killer] when they picked her, but didn't they know she was stupid? I mean, I'm assuming if spoiler[being a murderer is genetic, so is intelligence.]

Coppelion: a facepalm in every episode!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I mean, I'm assuming if spoiler[being a murderer is genetic, so is intelligence.]

It is probably along the lines of how spoiler[sociopathic she was made her really good at acting, such individuals are known for faking and it can be genetic].
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I mean, I'm assuming if spoiler[being a murderer is genetic, so is intelligence.]

It is probably along the lines of how spoiler[sociopathic she was made her really good at acting, such individuals are known for faking and it can be genetic].

I really don't think it was a good idea to leave them alone either way. As a scientist if you create something without thinking of some kind of counter measure should things go array then your creditability should seriously be put in question. They should have taken them back in, made a few adjustments instead of just saying "Nah it'll be fine".

If they can make people shoot lighting out of their hands using an eel then I'm sure that they can change their behaviors/personalities easily.

Also i have to say that Ibara's character is pretty much as dull as dull gets now. She's only there to handle the dangerous situations while everyone sits back and watches occasionally helping out (why didn't that ultra sonic grenade effect her btw?).

For example when she is told that Coppelion are just clones of actual humans and that their lives are literally on a small leash this doesn't effect her in the slightest. Taeko had a more realistic reaction as she was visibly shaken by hearing this. I'm sorry but if i found out the people that created me lied to me most of my short life and didn't really care about what happened as long as i did my job i'd be sort of pissed.

But she is perfectly content with living out her days in a wasteland of her creators doing as long as she can help people. Does this make her noble? Yes. But relateable? Hell no. It would have been better if she at least started to SOMEWHAT question her own beliefs and way of thinking but i think this anime is just trying to portray her as some sort of unfazed solider who can do anything, which again just makes her really boring.......

That aside i wonder if this show will go the way that "The Island" did and have the clones meet with their original selves. I think that could be quite interesting.
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to say I thought the sound effect they added to the older Ozu Sister's voice when she spoiler[uses her electric ability] was an interesting touch. Also, spoiler[the robo-butler] continues to be a pretty cool dude. Manga-spoiler here from Crunchyroll: spoiler[The Ozu sisters seen working WITH Naruse], so there should be some character development with the sisters, make 'em a little less two dimensional (well not literally); hopefully that's not handled too ham-fistedly.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 9
spoiler[With only one way to escape the radiation storm safely, the Coppelions and the survivors plan to escape so Ibuki can give birth safely using the city's aerial trams while the Coppelions lure the Ozu Sisters away from the other team. Taeko and Aoi both overcome their fears so they can help in whatever they can. Also we learn the father of Ibuki's baby is actually the 1st Division soldier who let Aoi escaped and wants him to come with them.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Coppelion: a facepalm in every episode!

^ I was i could like comments because i would create 1 thousand proxy accounts and like it to oblivion

Episode 9:

Robot: Miss good for nothing Aoi...........

Summed up my thoughts perfectly.

I mean really i can understand the whole air full of poison thing at least that makes sense. But there are two other factors that have really been forced into this situation.

Firstly Ozu Sisters should have been taken care of in the first place. I really want to know what was the point of chaining them up if they KNEW they were going to break free. It's obvious that they are still intent on killing the group so why wouldn't you take care of them? At this point i say they are pretty much a lost cause (aka failed experiment) and really it begs the question why on earth are these scientists cloning normal girls and murders instead of trained military military personnel.
My guess is that they plan on trying to redeem the Ozu Sisters before the series ends but really this situation is extremely forced.

Second i really facepalmed as soon as the pregnant girl asked them to save someone else. I mean seriously why did she think NOW would be the best time to freaking bring it up? Why on earth didn't she tell them about when they were going to save Aoi from the 1st Division? That would have been the BEST possible time for such an absurd request but nooooo............
Let's just wait until we have to finally leave the area or everyone dies. That makes MUCH more sense.......

Also it looks like the 1st Division has a giant mecha robot.............(sigh) why not? I'm going to best some student with Magento's power is going to show up and save the day!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
As if things weren't going badly enough..
1st Division, highly radioactive wind & Ozu sisters.. can things get any worse?
Aoi is a natural born shut-in. Totally useless *sigh*
Naruse on the other hand is a born leader.
Taeko is somewhere between those two..
This episode was pretty uneventful.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
One of the most boring episode I've seen from this series so far. Aoi was not pleasant to see with her uselessness. The only part that interested me from the latest episode is spoiler[No-Sense. I'll look forward to round 2 with Ibara's crew vs the Ozu sisters next time.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12