• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
White Album 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
As a Setsuna fan I am not sure spoiler[if I should be happy or terrified by that ending. Was that a kiss of triumph or a kiss of death?] Also I wonder why they skipped the original song.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
As a Setsuna fan I am not sure spoiler[if I should be happy or terrified by that ending. Was that a kiss of triumph or a kiss of death?] Also I wonder why they skipped the original song.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the second part as I don't think the series will have any tragedy. So, I'll assume triumph here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
This ep is nice, i love Sound of Destiny. I wonder why they didn't show the final Song.

The ep's title is "The last and Greatest Day"
It looks like this maybe going to route of tragedy. I hope not.

i guess next ep is Touma turn to confess her feeling.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
A very warm episode, it's a pleasure to simply watch three very young people chasing after their dream and earning their success.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:

It maybe because we've been hearing it all the time in the OP theme, but yeah, I'd like to hear Setsuna version. Glad that I have all the three songs, pretty catching and ear-candy themes. I doubt it will have tragedy in its latter half, but some heart-breaking scenes.

Btw, who do you guys vote for Miss Houjou? UTW holds a poll and Kazusa's winning (damn!).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure about the second part as I don't think the series will have any tragedy. So, I'll assume triumph here.

well, from various comments on MAL and Tvtropes from folks who have played the game, we can expect an emotional roller coaster on the level as Rumbling Hearts.

keep in mind that this only the introductory chapter, of prologue of sorts, and there is still the rest of the game once this part is over. I'm hoping this sells well so we get the rest after the introductory chapter
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

well, from various comments on MAL and Tvtropes from folks who have played the game, we can expect an emotional roller coaster on the level as Rumbling Hearts.

keep in mind that this only the introductory chapter, of prologue of sorts, and there is still the rest of the game once this part is over. I'm hoping this sells well so we get the rest after the introductory chapter

I thought Rumbling Hearts was pretty decent but given the way the TV series will be handled, I doubt it will go into that format yet since it went into it quite early on. I don't play the White Album 2 VN anyways so I'll be enjoying the series weekly with surprisingly new elements like I did this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
wow, that went a lot better than I thought it would. However, Haruki's reaction to spoiler[Kazua's hypothetical future boyfriend and Setsuna seeing that] doesn't bode well
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
Damn, I was so jealous of Haruki in the latest episode....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
This show is becoming redolent with the whiff of approaching tragedy. My heart was in my mouth during that spoiler[car ride as I was convinced there was going to be a crash and one of them seriously hurt.]

Since Haruki and Setsuna are already in a relationship, logic dictates it's Setsuna who becomes incapacitated in some way, allowing Haruki and Touma to explore their feelings for each other. Very Rumbling Hearts, indeed.

Hey, did we ever find out if Setsuna won the Miss Highschool Idol contest?
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a lot simpler. I like the fact that the show is so focused. A lot of shows go for giant casts with broad, all-encompassing plots that step on each other. The simplicity of "yeah, it's a love triangle. Period" really works for me.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I think this is getting too heavy for me. It can't end well.

@Blood-
Let me know how it turns out.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Will do, my friend.

*gets in extra supplies of hankies*
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I am getting a real bad feeling about this. Please let Setsuna win in the end Anime God!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh god the train-wreck looms.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that kiss....

Poor Touma. Deep down, I bet she really wants to be with Haruki or at least wanted to go to that party. A friend of mine came up with a theory that Setsuna wanted Touma to go to her party to not only unite together as friends for celebration but also to confirm together if she really does love Haruki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7