• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Young King Ours+ Manga Magazine Ceases Publication

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
WOW - another publisher bites the dust! It must be really bad there in Japan...
YumeKaze

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
This really sucks. I'm finding this news very sudden, seeing as Yoshiyuki Fudetani (the chief editor of Young King Ours, and also the guy responsible for comiket) was at Sakura-con only a few weeks ago. He stated that there could even be the possibilty of the magazine coming to American shores if the american fans demanded it.
So what does this mean for excel saga? Luckily Trigun maximum finished up before the magazine got the boot. And as for Hellsing: the Dawn, Hirano commented that he had no more plans to work on that series as he was too busy finishing up the last volume of Hellsing.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
YumeKaze wrote:
This really sucks. I'm finding this news very sudden, seeing as Yoshiyuki Fudetani (the chief editor of Young King Ours, and also the guy responsible for comiket) was at Sakura-con only a few weeks ago. He stated that there could even be the possibilty of the magazine coming to American shores if the american fans demanded it.
So what does this mean for excel saga? Luckily Trigun maximum finished up before the magazine got the boot. And as for Hellsing: the Dawn, Hirano commented that he had no more plans to work on that series as he was too busy finishing up the last volume of Hellsing.

To make sure there's no confusion, the article emphasizes that it's Young King Ours+, a special offshoot from Young King Ours (no plus), that's ceasing publication. Young King Ours (no plus) is still publishing, and the publisher Shonengashosha is very much active.

Trigun Maximum and Excel Saga ran or is still running in Young King Ours (no plus), so they're fine.

On the other hand, Young King Ours+'s end pretty much cancels or at least pauses Hellsing: The Dawn and Locke the Superman Raiza, even though the main Hellsing and Locke the Superman Quadra 2 manga are still running in Young King Ours.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
As long as the main Hellsing storyline is not affected, I have no problem with it. I'm surprised their having a lot of the manga serialized in this magazine ending with no hopes of being revived in another magazine. Guess they expanded too much.
Aizen-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:

To make sure there's no confusion, the article emphasizes that it's Young King Ours+, a special offshoot from Young King Ours (no plus), that's ceasing publication. Young King Ours (no plus) is still publishing, and the publisher Shonengashosha is very much active.

Trigun Maximum and Excel Saga ran or is still running in Young King Ours (no plus), so they're fine.

Yeah, when I first saw the article I was like: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But then I saw the plus, and I'm fine now. So long as Excel Saga continues...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1