• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Anime Sols Launches Black Friday Double Up Promotion

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
This is our chance to meet those goals Shocked
Everybody who is able to pledge $5, $10, etc on Black Friday weekend:!:
http://animesols.com/
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, I'll be pledging for Dear Brother set 2 during that time. I may potentially pledge for Black Jack to help it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Oooh! I didn't expect that the second set of Dear Brother would be part of this. That might be smart since the first set was a success and beat its goal (even if most of the excess came, for whatever reason, after the deadline) and success with the second could help build momentum as secure a victory for the site. It's seems a little risky to ask for money for the next set before anybody has their copy of the first one, but I could imagine this working out. Much the same applies to Creamy Mami; Anime Sols' marquee success.

I'll certainly be willing to put another $90 down for the second Dear Brother set. I really want to see this series make it.

I'll might make that pledge to the 24-hour specials that I keep pondering loudly too. Maybe I'll make a small contribution to Black Jack too, as a token of solidarity.

I wonder how the finances behind this work out. Somebody has to end up on the hook for the matching funds. Perhaps it's justified as an investment in the site's long-term prospects.

Whatever the case, I do hope that it succeeds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Creamy Mami's kind of weak in the second season, though. I hope the demand is still there for it.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 am Reply with quote
Hey, hey, the 2nd set is up for Dear Brother. I'll hold off to the weekend to make certain I hit the time slot.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
And here's the third Mami set, but you only got 39 days left for it. Crying or Very sad
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 am Reply with quote
Why do Mami sets get so little time? The previous one too, had barely over a month to reach its goal.
I'm no business major or anything, and I'm not buying these sets either, but if I were a customer, I'd really feel exploited by having to pledge for three different sets in little over six months, when not even the first one has shipped. With Christmas season coming, wallets are coming tight too. I know you have your own bills to pay, but you've got to give your supporters some time to breathe, especially considering how few of them you have
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Why do Mami sets get so little time? The previous one too, had barely over a month to reach its goal.
I'm no business major or anything, and I'm not buying these sets either, but if I were a customer, I'd really feel exploited by having to pledge for three different sets in little over six months, when not even the first one has shipped. With Christmas season coming, wallets are coming tight too. I know you have your own bills to pay, but you've got to give your supporters some time to breathe, especially considering how few of them you have

Well the good news is Set 1 is all sent off to manufacturing finally!
Waiting for the schedule now from Rightstuf... Probably about a month, mid Jan at the latest I would suspect till they're shipping.
Set 2 will take MUCH less time overall since all the back and forth about package/menu design specifications, logo trademarks, UPC codes etc... is done with.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
Why do they keep shortening the Creamy Mami deadlines Shocked Question What's Pierrot planning here?
They also have a new image banner for the series too

If we look on the bright side, the Black Friday weekend promotion would make the goal be $9,000 instead of $18,000 since all pledges will be doubled. We need to find more Creamy Mami fans who don't know about AnimeSols, or have everybody with tight wallets go for the $5 or $10 pledges since those will be doubled.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:22 am Reply with quote
It would work out that way if every single person pledged for that promotion, but they likely won't until last minute.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote
Crow: Actually, the second Mami set had about two months. People just sat it out until the last bleepin' minute.

Quote:
I'd really feel exploited by having to pledge for three different sets in little over six months,

It's better than what you pay for Aniplex stuff. And they still charge per disc.

Quote:
when not even the first one has shipped.

Anime Sols uploaded pics of the boxes. They're shipping soon, if they haven't already.

trunks:
Quote:
Why do they keep shortening the Creamy Mami deadlines Shocked Question What's Pierrot planning here?

I'm guessing it's because fans keep slacking off on crowdfunding 'em.

walw:
Quote:
It would work out that way if every single person pledged for that promotion, but they likely won't until last minute.

They got three days. Plus, they can buy the older boxsets. So it might just work out yet.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
Does this mean you have to pledge only half as much to get the DVD set, or that your pledge gets matched by somebody, which makes success for the drive as a whole more likely?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
Fronzel: The latter.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
The AnimeSols Black Friday double up is now live!
http://animesols.com/
Everybody pledge whatever you can afford and help bring classic anime to DVD. Black Jack only has 4 days to reach it's goal! Everybody help it out! Even the $5 and $10 will help out alot since they'll be doubled! Exclamation
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
You could also cancel what you already paid into Black Jack and repay for it, and then it'll be double. Cool

At this point, Mami and Dear Brother are more than halfway there, with Black Jack similarly close behind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2