• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yen Plus Final Issue is December 2013 Issue: what next?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone else has been reading yen plus (I try to keep up with it) but in the Editor's Letter they announced the next issue will be the last. They talked about "change" but it was really vague on what that change meant. Does anyone have a clue what will happen next? How come ANN hasn't done a news article about this yet? Or did I just miss it? My best guess is that Yen Press plans on releasing individual chapters for series as they have started doing with that Void's Enigmatic Mansion. Is that a good assumption or am I way off on this one? And also what's going to happen to the series in the magazine? Are they going to start another magazine(s)? Are they going to just concentrate on graphic novels? I have so many questions!
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Soulless is (sadly) over*, and I'm pretty sure the last of the Infernal Devices books should just about be done, too. So the continuing books'll probably be on a by-chapter basis, or just in volumes only.

*Soulless [i]shouldn't[í] be over, and I'm quite miffed that it is. There are 5 books in the Parasol Protectorate series, and Blameless does not leave off with a decent conclusion. Even the manga ends with a "okay, when's the next one coming out?" feeling.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
And it looks like there's finally some answers: in the final issue they announced that in January they'll be releasing series which have been serialized in the magazine individually as opposed to the anthology format basically like what they're doing with Void's Enigmatic Mansion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1