• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ultra Street Fighter IV Elena, Rolento, Poison, Hugo Character Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Did they ever announced that mystery 5th fighter?
nhat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Nope not yet. With the test location around JP and one in the US getting input from players and the new additional gameplay mechanics like red focus and delay recovery, this new release will definitely be excited about.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Ultra Street Fighter IV same game done 4 times pfff capcom is just sad at this point id rather play DOA5U 1000 times then play anymore street fighter games. Capcom killed it after the 3rd ver of this game or is this the 5th? i'm starting to for get Confused
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
No,

This is the fourth SF IV game. In order -- SF IV, Super SF IV, Super SF IV Arcade Edition, now Ultra SF IV.

You don't have to play it...

This is standard Capcom operating procedure... (As is the case with most companies that are still around after 20+ years in software development.) Remember, there were FIVE SF II games in the 1990s, FIVE SF Alpha releases, FIVE Darkstalkers games, and EIGHT Marvel Vs Capcom games to date (includes X-Men: COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, AND the Ultra Marvel Vs Capcom 3 game edition). SNK released as many if not more entries in their Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, and King of Fighters game series, too. KOF was up to NUMBER THIRTEEN last time I saw!

EA does the same thing with football games.
Nintendo's been making the same basic game since Super Mario Bros...
Why expect companies to do something much different if many people are comfortable with rehashed sequels of familiar games?

In the meantime, look for the unique game or new spin on an old topic.

I'm more amazed that Capcom believes it can charge $40 for an upgrade disc when the download is only $15! I think they could have priced the disc at $25 at most. More people would pay for a $25 disc that's for sure! Even Atlus priced the US disc release of Aquapazza pretty reasonably... It's at most a $30 game anyway. It's pretty-looking but otherwise not the deepest fighter.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
The download is only an upgrade to previous versions of Street Fighter IV. That's why it's so much cheaper than the disk, which contains the full game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
No,

This is the fourth SF IV game. In order -- SF IV, Super SF IV, Super SF IV Arcade Edition, now Ultra SF IV.

You don't have to play it...

This is standard Capcom operating procedure... (As is the case with most companies that are still around after 20+ years in software development.) Remember, there were FIVE SF II games in the 1990s, FIVE SF Alpha releases, FIVE Darkstalkers games, and EIGHT Marvel Vs Capcom games to date (includes X-Men: COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, AND the Ultra Marvel Vs Capcom 3 game edition). SNK released as many if not more entries in their Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, and King of Fighters game series, too. KOF was up to NUMBER THIRTEEN last time I saw!

EA does the same thing with football games.
Nintendo's been making the same basic game since Super Mario Bros...
Why expect companies to do something much different if many people are comfortable with rehashed sequels of familiar games?

In the meantime, look for the unique game or new spin on an old topic.

I'm more amazed that Capcom believes it can charge $40 for an upgrade disc when the download is only $15! I think they could have priced the disc at $25 at most. More people would pay for a $25 disc that's for sure! Even Atlus priced the US disc release of Aquapazza pretty reasonably... It's at most a $30 game anyway. It's pretty-looking but otherwise not the deepest fighter.
And lets not for get capcom is the one's who make you pay for on disk DLC idk how anyone can stick up for them anymore but hey have at it give them more cash for junk. If you like being there cow ill sit by and let them milk you as for me i'm entitled to my opinion Wink
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Who knows. but considering this is the prequel to Street Fighter III : New Generation , it might be someone from the first street fighter game.

Or just like Soul Calibur 4 , the 5th character will be a console only exclusive character.

Though personally if their was going to make Ultra SF4 , they should have also included a PS4 and XBOX One version considering that the games for the previous gen consoles (PS3 & XBOX 360 ) aren't compatible with the next gen consoles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:

It's not a $40 upgrade disc. That disc is for people who have never purchased the game before or want to buy what is essentially a game of the year edition. $40 is a great price for the quantity and quality of content you get.

The download version is purely the new content... which is wholly worthless if you don't have the base product.

It's crazy that Capcom gets shit on because they support Street Fighter rather than abandoning it after a year like Netherealm and other companies.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
GeorgeC wrote:

It's not a $40 upgrade disc. That disc is for people who have never purchased the game before or want to buy what is essentially a game of the year edition. $40 is a great price for the quantity and quality of content you get.

The download version is purely the new content... which is wholly worthless if you don't have the base product.

It's crazy that Capcom gets shit on because they support Street Fighter rather than abandoning it after a year like Netherealm and other companies.
No one shit's on them rather they shit on the gamers sure there not dis owning SF but why not go the way of hmm idk TECMO KOEI or NAMCO Bandai and make it free to play? as a free DL and let people see if it's worth it. If players feel it is they can buy any DLC they like for it DOA5U is doing that with core fighters and to this day when playing DOA5U i still come across people who i play against who only own core fighters and are enjoying it and the more they do the more they will pay for and or just buy the full game. But Capcom dose not know what free is Laughing
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
GeorgeC wrote:

No one shit's on them rather they shit on the gamers sure there not dis owning SF but why not go the way of hmm idk TECMO KOEI or NAMCO Bandai and make it free to play? as a free DL and let people see if it's worth it. If players feel it is they can buy any DLC they like for it DOA5U is doing that with core fighters and to this day when playing DOA5U i still come across people who i play against who only own core fighters and are enjoying it and the more they do the more they will pay for and or just buy the full game. But Capcom dose not know what free is Laughing

Back in the day, we called a fighting game where you can only use 4 of the characters a "demo". 4$ a pop for 25 additional characters sounds like the real scam. I get that you don't like Street Fighter, but it's clear you don't know much about SFIV or Capcom's business model.

When I upgrade to Ultra Street Fighter IV, I'll be getting 5 characters, a vastly updated meta-game with new mechanics and balance for 15$. I fail to see how that's a "bad value" compared to Tecmo when I couldn't even get four characters for DoA5U for that amount.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1