• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can I sell some Japanese manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taikotai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
Heyo,
This might be the wrong thread but I am having a bit of a trouble selling japanese manga I have collected throughout the years. There are a dozens of titles, dozens of pounds in two big boxed and it would not feel right to just throw it away.

JPQueen is gone and I dont have the time and effort it takes to put up every single manga title on EBay or some place like that.

I am currently located in Sweden.

The titles are very mixed, shoujo, shonen, random stuff, child stuff (think it is), etc.

Anyone have any suggestions or maybe interested in buying?
UnknownFactor-6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Try a little better at your English. -TK]
walkplanknow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
How about Ebay?
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote
Ebay is the best advice I could give ya. If not, a pawn shop?

or you could have a yard sale and hope your neighbors are anime fans lol
taikotai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
getaman wrote:
I don't have the time and effort it takes to put up every single manga title on EBay or some place like that.

Like I said, EBay is out of question. I already tried that.

UnknownFactor-6 wrote:
Please don't get cocky. Can't see what bothers you with my English. If you don't have any suggestions related to the subject then don't post.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
getaman wrote:

UnknownFactor-6 wrote:
Please don't get cocky. Can't see what bothers you with my English. If you don't have any suggestions related to the subject then don't post.

That wasn't directed at you Rolling Eyes
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
getaman wrote:
getaman wrote:
I don't have the time and effort it takes to put up every single manga title on EBay or some place like that.

Like I said, EBay is out of question. I already tried that.

Have you tried listing them as "lots" on eBay?
A "lot" is more than one book in a listing. You could include all of them in one listing or divide them into groups by title, author, subject or whatever seems good to you and make a few different listings.

Quote:
UnknownFactor-6 wrote:

TK is a moderator who was telling UnknownFactor-6 to try better with his English. He was not talking to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
taikotai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
Really not tried with the "lots" idea before to be honest. What bugs me most is the shipping costs, they are a lot from here to sending to the world which is awfully annoying compared to other countries shipping costs. That's why an online shop or something would be best, just sending it all in, getting a sum and then I wouldn't have to bother. Doing Ebay would take so much time, putting it up, waiting for possible bids/buys, packing, packing, packing, etc...

*Edit*

I guess there is no idea putting up a list here on ANN forum if anyone is interested? Not sure what the rules say...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
@getaman

There is a personal sales forum but you have to be a subscriber to list stuff there. You could subscribe for a few months while you sell your items there. I'm not sure how much traffic it gets. Perhaps someone who has listed there can tell you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1