• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Site Format Doesn't Work

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desert Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
Dear ANN,
First off, I hate the new site layout, it feels cumbersome, is too Flash heavy, and just plain looks cluttered. Can I please have the old site layout back? It worked well.
On to my main point. The new site format doesn't work on my computer, the skins do not appear at all, I can only do a solid color. Also I cannot access my "My Anime" or "My Manga" pages from the Home page, it keeps kicking me back to the log in screen even though I'm already logged in.
When I navigate to pages other then the Home page it displays in the layout of the previous version, is it supposed to do that? is the only thing you changed is the Home page?
I am running Mozilla Firefox version 25.0.1 on Windows 7.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Many would agree with you, but good luck with that.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi Desert Kitsune,

The biggest change is to the home page, but the rest of the site has been changed as well.

As you certain you're seeing the old site? It seems very unlikely.

Which of the following do you see at the top of every page ?

DELC_17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
For mobile users, such as on iPhone, there's no way to look at the columns, sidebars, or even have more than a few words each line. It's extremely bothersome and annoying to navigate, thus why I have not visited since the change, except hoping to see it back to normal. Also, you can't even read the entire text in the ad at the top of the home page, or shrink or expand the screen to see the rest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1