• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outbreak Company (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
When Dwarf-loli was still in her taser haze, she said something about spoiler["Hyacinth" and "pero" (i.e. lick). Anyone remember who Hyacinth is?]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Minori's new outfit just screamed fan service.
Interesting new plot turn ^^
I'm glad that video got leaked.
The making off was quite interesting.
There sure was a lot a fan service this time.
Still, it was fun watching them handle the weird situations.
Petrarca can be so stupid sometimes *facepalm*]
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
It's rare that I get to see a series that's a consistent gutbuster and has plenty of sweet moments. But this show is still going strong. Today's episode was a hoot, from the special effects to the spoiler[plagiarism], and I especially lost it at the whole spoiler[Petrarca sucks at acting] ordeal, especially how she herself reacts to it. Also, they actually handled the opening scene with Shinichi accidentally groping Minori well. Any other show would showcase her beating the shit out of him, thus leaving us to groan, as well as to call out the joke for being too mean-spirited. Here, however, she just seems annoyed; Shinichi gets off with an offscreen slap (notice his cheek). Also, the scene with the spoiler[naked every girl except Minori]. Again, any other show would take the opportunity of a guy accidentally stumbling upon most of the female cast topless (or in Miusel's case, butt-naked) to, again, beat his poor ass to Kingdom Come, but we don't see that. Instead, the girls play stupid, and Shinichi pretty much has a WTF reaction.

Sadly, there's only two episodes left, and I'll be pissed off if this is the only season we get (I'm still pretty sore that all four shows I watched last season bombed (even spoiler[Watamote] didn't do to well in sales), whether they deserved it or not). Anyway, next week looks like the "shit hits the fan" episode. The preview was rather minimalistic and mostly used darkly lighted scenes, and the attempt to explain in the preview was cut off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Maybe one of the funniest yet. At the beginning Shinichi pretended to be spoiler[blinded by the buttons hitting him and purposely copped a feel] of Minori, and she was obviously not pleased.

Anyway, this time they had the issue that the spoiler[soccer match's footage got out, and they had the plan to do a fake movie (or making of)] so people would think that is all it is. The way they did it, by filling it with so many spoiler[references that it would get shelved upon for plagiarising], so the references were strong this time. In the spoiler[movie] they did spoiler[Crime edge] (which Shinichi's voice actor did), spoiler[Madoka], spoiler[Yosuga no Sora], spoiler[Papakiki] (which Elbia's voice actress did), and spoiler[Milky Holmes] (which Myusel's voice actress did). Outside of spoiler[their movie] we had Minori going spoiler["gacha" like Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds] (who her voice actress played), the spoiler[dragon] did an attack which went like a spoiler[cross from Evangeliion].

Have to mention the hilarity of Petralka spoiler[finding out how she sounds and the embarrassing acting], watching spoiler[her struggle] was just too funny. I did also like the scene of Petralka thanking him.

Looks like serious stuff will come soon, I partially expected things to get a bit serious when the people learned what spoiler[power the JSDF had].
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
Amusing that spoiler[the dragon that showed up became a quasi Godzilla reference and the JDF was only able to repel the dragon]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote

Anyone know what "Gaishi' is a parody of? I'm a bit lost

Anyways, the latest episode was great. So many references and reminds me of spoiler[Gate JSDF].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Shit! A character who always spoiler[has their eyes closed, just opened them], this means something real bad is going to happen. Well he made the spoiler[morally nice idea, but he is messing with the JSDF's plans] and things won't look good. The preview made it look like spoiler[the school will be set on fire.]

He was not happy when he learned that spoiler[the reason he was chosen was because he is a loser that no one would miss], although the truth is that spoiler[he is not that in this world]. And we got an actual explanation of the title too, which changes things, some actual dark explanations of intentions. The episode did seem to highlight some other levels of addiction that were unhealthy.

Also, last episode next week. So sad since I have enjoyed this series heavily despite not really a strong focus on story. On a side note, since I pointed out Elbia's voice actress did Sora from PapaKiki, I wonder if her spoiler[singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star] was a reference.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
The kids seem to be really into anime/manga.
So the school is a big success.
Looks like there are some talented kids in that school.
Elbia is very talented too.
Seems like a serious problem is on the loose.
spoiler[Everyone was acting weird and suffering from withdrawal effects.]
Darn, I totally forgot the government was doing this..
Of course they'd have an ulterior motives.
Thisspoiler[ cultural invasion] is going perfectly so far.
The ugly side of this mission just surfaced and it's horrible.
Guess I was as fooled as he was, but things were too good to be true so far.
Shinichi is playing a dangerous game with spoiler[that government guy..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Geez, the drama sure escalated in the latest episode. Some people sure gets spoiler[obsessed with translating light novels]. I wouldn't know how difficult that is but it looks like a large amount of work.

It looks like the plot picked up really well this episode and judging by that ending, I don't think someone is happy at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Well, as long as NEET Boy gets to stay behind and have a three-way with Maid and Wolf Girl, it's all good. And then Minori as an appetizer. As long as she has her 'pit sitch under control, of course.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
I read on Twitter that there was some "twist" in ep 11. I'm not very impressed. spoiler[So the government's evil plan was to get the Eldant people hooked on video games, anime, manga & light novels as if they were opiates and get exclusive control of their resources through some extreme trading deals. Shinichi's simple solution is to have the Eldant people to produce their own stuff. But where are they going to get the resources to mass print reading materials, not to mention the technology involved in animation and video game creation? Where, Shinichi? How practical is your plan of "independence" when you still have the monopoly of modern technology and even teaching techniques? It's a huge plot hole. But, whatever, Shinichi's cute and neat proposal was enough to make evil government middle manager Manaba mad. Plus, Shinichi learned a valuable lesson: invading cultures can have some positive impact over the countries they invade (while destroying their local culture and way of life).]

Shinichi also learned that Myucel really appreciates him. I 'ship em! Although, if he has an anything-way, it would be a four-way with Wolf girl, Maid girl, and Loli Empress!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Not bad although I didn't think the finale was that great either. The whole drama seemed to have been resolved although felt rushed imo. I think Shinichi also tried to spoiler[confess] there but got spoiler[interrupted]. Action was average imo and I didn't get much laughs from the finale. The ending felt kinda blend as well imo.

However, this entire series as a whole was a nice watch imo. I did laugh quite a bit especially once I got into the show after the first episode from the dialogues, references, etc. Idk if there will be a season 2 but I'd like to see it.

Rating it as good.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
Series- Enjoyed it, a kind of surprise and much better executed than how most other series would go about with a similar premise.

*edit* With a little time to think it over, the final episode is actually well crafted, there are many elements that were established through out the series that come in to play in one form or another that most other series usually seem to not cover in a final episode.

It helps that this is just as much a comedy series and a quasi social commentary series so it can both play politics with a generally light hearted tone, which is coincidently a more than similar set up to a certain other ongoing series.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Interesting choice for the final episode.
It was dramatic, that's for sure.
Thespoiler[ inner sabotage was a big step back] in their efforts.
I'm glad they spoiler[overcame all the obstacles] on their way to creating otaku world.
After the flaming opening, the ending was kinda plain and simple.
It was a good anime in its own way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

The episode kind of felt a little less likable than the rest because there was little of the usual comedy, although maybe that was a kind of good thing to feel a proper conclusion for the season.

They tried to kill Shinichi, but it seemed that he was entirely honest to Petralka, and she was able to spoiler[protect him, guess was genre savy enough]. We got to see Petralka in a leadership, which was nice. The spoiler[burning school, seemed to be an obvious set up of distraction, funny how he brought out the scissors], which I explained earlier the connection. Bluk, Elbia and Myusel spoiler[came for him], rather sweet and cool, especially when Myusel was spoiler[saying what he meant to her]. Minori came too, she had her heroic moment.

Petralka was able to show she understood everything, and it seemed in the end the spoiler[government had to re-evaluate their stance with the country]. Good news and all. I really can not say much, really it was not a horrible episode, and it managed to feel like a good ending.

I really enjoyed this series, it was surprisingly smart and funny, a favourite of the season. I really want more, I don't know how well it is selling, but I see that there is a lot they can do, I managed to find some artwork that shows characters that were not in the anime. And even focuses on other characters would be appreciated. I will rate the series as Very Good, don't miss it. The favouritism of the series makes me consider it even higher.

I really enjoyed Outbreak Company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12