• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz's Oku & Ichi the Killer's Yamamoto Outline New Manga Series Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess I'll look forward to this. Been awhile since I've read Gantz though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
I dunno how to feel about this now. Sure, Oku's art will be on point, as always, but I've read some pretty bad things about Ichi the Killer (even though, I myself haven't read it). :/
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
I hope that unlike Gantz, this series doesn't keep stalling, I swear to God, it was slower than any of the big 3. And not the kind of slow where they're stalling, the kind where they keep going back to square one. I had to drop Gantz.
Monumension

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I hope that unlike Gantz, this series doesn't keep stalling, I swear to God, it was slower than any of the big 3. And not the kind of slow where they're stalling, the kind where they keep going back to square one. I had to drop Gantz.

That's my problem with new series from once trustworthy creators. I was a huge fan of Gantz until Oku started messing things up completely in the last third. And if he let me down in his previous manga, what guarantee do I have he won't do it again?

I guess it's still worth a shot though.
GVman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
I dunno how to feel about this now. Sure, Oku's art will be on point, as always, but I've read some pretty bad things about Ichi the Killer (even though, I myself haven't read it). :/

Ichi the Killer is...a different kind of bad. It's not the not-good kind of bad, it's the content in it is bad kind of bad. It's well-written, though.
Walz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
So what was the “super-extravagant” plan?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1