• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: East Asia Television Channel Announces Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I've been following East Asia TV on Twitter for a while and asking them more detail what will be shown, they have confirmed not only anime, but also dramas (meaning K-dramas), and concerts which they confirmed will be K-pop concerts on that channel. Very Happy

So it looks like not only anime will get another channel for broadcast other then Toonami UK, looks like the Hallyu wave will get a huge boost thanks to this channel if I wonder what K-dramas will get broadcast in the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Convention tour huh? I'm not planning on attending any of the MCM Expos (I assume they mean May London MCM here) so I hope they hit up either Kitacon, Newcastle Film and Comic Con which are the two I'll likely be at during that time-frame.

EDIT:

Quote:
The press release also includes a reference to "Oncecon 2014 (Date To Be Confirmed)."

Actually just checked and it references ONECon (not Oncecon) which is due to run for it's second year in 2014, it first ran last August in Middlesbrough, and the ONE stands for Otakus North East.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Its pleasing to see that the UK is a good investment and I will be watching this closely. I remember a little while ago we did have some kind of anime channel which seemed to mainly show the Ghost in a Shell series (this was a fair while ago when I was just discovering anime so my memory fails me slightly) but my guess is that it closed down as I have never been able to find it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
The last UK anime channel was the UK version of ADV's Anime Network. It was only on for a couple of hours a day and, since it was on satellite only, I never got to try it.
Before that there was Anime Central. Tell a lie, they were the other way around according to Wikipedia. That was on overnight, but again only on satellite.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1