• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Zestiria Game Announced for PS3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:25 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I'm always up for another Tales game and hope that it comes out sooner than later.

That's another PS3 RPG coming out in 2014/2015. I can already hear people getting upset.
unused

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised they still can came up with a new name.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:
That's another PS3 RPG coming out in 2014/2015. I can already hear people getting upset.

Thats just how the Japanese gaming industry is. It'll be tough for all but the biggest developers to move to next gen anytime soon since they just don't have the budgets for those types of games.

If you're a fan of Japanese games and got rid of your PS3 when you got a PS4, well that just wasn't very smart given the history of how long it takes for Japanese developers to come around to next gen. PS2 still had big JRPGs coming out years after PS3 was out.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:

Thats just how the Japanese gaming industry is. It'll be tough for all but the biggest developers to move to next gen anytime soon since they just don't have the budgets for those types of games.

If you're a fan of Japanese games and got rid of your PS3 when you got a PS4, well that just wasn't very smart given the history of how long it takes for Japanese developers to come around to next gen. PS2 still had big JRPGs coming out years after PS3 was out.

Yep. I have no reason to get rid of my PS3 and all my games just so I can buy the newest system. I enjoy all the games I have and want to keep them and so far nothing the PS4 has interests me.

I remember when Persona 4 came out 2 years after the PS3 was released. I didn't think it was strange, I liked that the PS2 wasn't just forgotten because of the newest console. Now that P5 isn't coming out on the PS4 people are getting unbelievably upset. I just don't understand. I'd be more annoyed that it'll probably be 2015 before we play either P5 or Zestiria
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Um I really don't think that's quite the history. No, before last gen Japanese developers were the thing on new consoles. Even last gen at first they seemed to show no signs of stoping. Really it's this PS4 gen that is the first where they are really starting slow. I really don't think you can say that's how Japanese developers roll like it was always that way. It wasn't. It is now.

Anyway, I'm somewhat disappointed and catious.

Disapointed, because it just looks like a return to generic Tales of fantasy. Xillia 2 dabbled in a more modern setting. Would have liked that to be followed up on. Tales games all blend together at this point.

Catious because they said they are going for bigger more open enviorments. Well good luck Tales Studio, because you sure failed with little enviorments in your past two games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Looks good, graphically that is. Combat looks interesting too. I can't say I'm a big fan of the new MC, he seems like a downgrade after Jude (design-wise)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1