• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I find it more fruitful to search with the kanji name of the animators. Then you get Japanese sites with more information. From there, I just google the names of the works in Japanese and look at the image results. (In this case, I felt like the footage looked like an OP so I started with stuff that he was credited with the OP for and lucked out)

I've already used this method on the remaining 2, so I don't think I'll be getting them. Razz
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I tried that too, but since I don't know Japanese, when I would click a site, and there's no English option, I'd just bail. I'm not lazy, I'm just intimidated by things I don't understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't know Japanese either, I just don't mind using it as a search term.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I finally figured out number 10, it is definately from Bokurano and the character is Chizuru Honda (try to avoid the spoilers). I knew it had to be her but once I watched the AMV/MAD, my suspicions were confirmed. Also, despite how happy the girl looks, the show is quite tragic is its own regards.

Number 11 is leaving me in a stump but this is the best picture I can get of the characters to see if anyone can identify them:

(I have a hunch that it might be from Love Hina but I don't recall the female character. . .)
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I asked once before about that scene from that MAD, but he only told me the part after that was from Bokurano. I thought they were the same show, but I couldn't be sure.

ONE MORE TO GO! Will DerekTheRed become DerekTheBlueRibbon? Or will EmbraceMe smother those thoughts with a come from behind tie? Find out next time on A-N-N!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
The scene after the sex scene is definitely from Bokurano. I've only watched streams of the show and not the DVD so there is a possibility I'm wrong. However, the girl has a mole and her hair style looks the same as Chizuru. I went back to the episode to re-watch it and couldn't find the scene in the MAD but I'm quite certain it should be her base of the two characters share similar features. Maybe someone who has the DVD version of Bokurano can confirm for us but I'm still certain it should be from Bokurano.

Edit: This review, which contains spoilers, states the sex scene is from the DVD.
pibburns

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Asian_myth wrote:

I am trying to look for a movie that I do not remember the title for.

I read it in an anime guide and it sounds interesting to watch.

It was about aliens that came to earth during world war 1 in an alternate universe, and then fighting with the axis powers.

If you mean World War Two instead of World War One, then this is the plot of "Alien Defender Geo-Armor: Kishin Corps".
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I think that is Aimi Yoshizumi from the Zettai Seigi Love Pheromone portion of Akahori Gedō Hour Rabuge. See for instance this site, which has some screenshots of her in that outfit.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

I think that is Aimi Yoshizumi from the Zettai Seigi Love Pheromone portion of Akahori Gedō Hour Rabuge. See for instance this site, which has some screenshots of her in that outfit.

Damn I forgot to post but yeah Calathan is right. I asked on MAL about that picture and someone said it was her.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I've come across that anime before! Maybe this is destiny.

And there we have it, folks! The last picture has been guessed. And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: The Final Point Count!

After tallying up all the points, the winner is...

You know what? The points don't matter. What matters is that we all came together in my time of need and worked as a team, and that's what matters, not the points. How many pictures you identified isn't nearly as important as the fact that you did it for me.

So, I say thank you. Thank you getchman, Calathan, DerekTheRed, EmbraceMe, mits, Shiroi Hane, Tris8, and, of course, myself. From the bottom of my Hart-y heart, thank you so much.

THREE CHEERS FOR TEAMWORK!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
#803883 wrote:

since we cant see he's asking a question in the subject line unless you hit quote to respond, here is what he is asking:

Which episode of Taimanin Asagi is this image from? careful where you open this. Asagi is clothed, but she is restrained and has three egg vibrators on her nether regions
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7iNZy2vY7E

Who is that girl with short pink hair at 0:06-0:10 and 0:21-0:25 ?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen beyond the first season, but I know it's one of the Devilukes from To Love Ru. My guess based on hair would be Momo.
80sfanboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Hello, after searching the net for information on these S.A.V.E. releases I have found discussion on the DVDs but not the Blu-ray editions.

1. Besides the packaging are the discs identical, or do they contain the exact same A/V and special features?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 462 of 569