• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Zestiria Gets Worldwide Release for PS3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Lets this hope this means simultaneous instead of just that we're getting it in NA/Europe sometime later.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Either way its pretty amazing that a worldwide realease is announced so early. Really enjoying this renewed faith in Tales from Namco. I guess Enslaved bombing was a really good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
This is probably thanks to all the fans that begged and pleaded for Xillia to come to the US and then bought it. I know some people that went as far as buying multiple copies to make sure Bamco got the idea.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Tales of Dragons is coming to the West! Smile Namco's been doing great with bringing over recent games (and the Collector's Editions have been nice as well). I'm guessing Xillia sold well, so hopefully this trend continues.
Slifer1993

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping it will come with the Japanese voices.
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
For the last couple of years, Hideo Baba has been going around to anime conventions all over the world (mostly in the US and Europe) and gathering information about what the overseas fans think and what they would like in the future of the Tales series. Of course he can't promise anything, but at least he's listening.

Most of the questions he gets asked are usually along the lines of:

Why is NamcoBandai picky about which versions of Tales games get released outside of Japan, or not released? (PS3 ToV, ToGf, etc)

Most Tales games get localized to the US and Europe at least a year or two after their Japan release; will that be changing anytime in the future?

Is there any chance that the non-mothership titles will get an overseas release (besides Tales of the World)?

The list goes on.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Slifer1993 wrote:

Its already been confirmed for dual audio.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/12/tales-of-zestiria-coming-to-ps3/

Quote:
It will also be the first time that a Tales game features both an English and Japanese audio track.

(I assume they meant first mainline title since Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is dual audio)

But Namco is really getting on the ball now... now with the newest FF and Tales being dual audio, theres no reason for every JRPG out there to not be dual audio. They're leading the way.
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Slifer1993 wrote:

Its already been confirmed for dual audio.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/12/tales-of-zestiria-coming-to-ps3/

Quote:
It will also be the first time that a Tales game features both an English and Japanese audio track.

(I assume they meant first mainline title since Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is dual audio)

But Namco is really getting on the ball now... now with the newest FF and Tales being dual audio, theres no reason for every JRPG out there to not be dual audio. They're leading the way.

I know that some of XSEED and ATLUS's recent titles still omit the dual audio, so let's hope.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow first time a Tales game is getting a worldwide release alongside a Japanese release. Nice one Namco-Bandai. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
onyonz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Cool. All the money throwing to Namco has paid off. Now if they could bring all the DLC into Xillia 2 for the West, that'd be wonderful.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The mention of dual audio in that link is for Symphonia HD, not Zestiria.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy I'm happy that we are getting a new tales, like 2015 we are getting a lot good titles of rpgs like persona 5, tales of zestiria, mass effect 4, dragon age 3, persona Q, final fantasy 15, lets hope that namco bandai will bring more titles like tales of innocence R, tales of hearts R for the ps vita
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I think at some point Baba said they're aiming for dual audio from here forward. I think Xillia 2 will also have it.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Why is NamcoBandai picky about which versions of Tales games get released outside of Japan, or not released? (PS3 ToV, ToGf, etc)
They aren't really picky. Thier releases are really just based on the situation. When they localized Vesperia there was no PS3 version. There's no resown to release the port so they didn't. After Enslaved bombed and Namco become just interested in releasing internally developed games they decided to release ToG. With Wii software sales at the time it made no sense to release the Wii version, but releasing a PS3 version did and their of course happen to be a Wii version.
Quote:

Most Tales games get localized to the US and Europe at least a year or two after their Japan release; will that be changing anytime in the future?
We'll see with this game. It took them awhile to release Xillia and Graces F because basically Namco changed directions and then decided to get back into Tales and so they had a few games already ready to localize. They are just now catching up.

Quote:
Is there any chance that the non-mothership titles will get an overseas release (besides Tales of the World)?

I'm pretty sure Baba said that their really aren't any plans for portable titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
the-antihero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm not as much excited about the simultaneous release thing as I am that there's another Tales Of game in the works!

Yay!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2