• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
l spoiler[I fear for what might happen to Palm as it seems like one of the Chimera Royal Guards discovered her. On another note, Octobro and Killua's conversation was perfection.]

Well, the moment Palm spoiler[revealed that she would commit suicide if she was discovered, i was 100% sure that she would be found out sooner or later...i'm still hoping she's gonna make it somehow, i kinda like her and poor Knov is suffering enough already. Sad]

Octobro is awesome, i love his new outfit. Very Happy
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Gungi, gungi, gungi...
Will the game ever end?
After this many episodes it's kinda sad and ridiculous.
Their king isn't much of a king since everything he does is playing board games.
On the other hand it does give additional time to hunters.
Still, this looks like stretching out the plot..
Surprise, surprise... the king learned a few things through those games after all.
That girl is making him grow a heart and he doesn't even know it..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 108:

Great episode. The king got so much development especially towards the end there. The more he interacts with Komugi, I feel like the more spoiler[human is becoming; at least he's questioning the reasoning his identity as evidenced by his name confusion.]

I think spoiler[Pouf is feeling very threatened by Komugi now with her influence on the King so far. Even though she is physically weak and frail, her skills against the King in Gungi is on a whole other level.]

I'm very excited about the palace invasion/selection as well but this is getting good!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 109:

Seems like a set up episode but the Octopus is such an awesome character. I'm curious on the full extent of Pouf's abilities though as we did get to see a small bit of his power. Ofc, I'm hoping Gon and Killua to beat the hell out of Pitou for what he did before to Kite.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Lots of preparations...
And lots of possible strategies.
Things are getting pretty intense.
The selection part should be very interesting.
Seems this was just an intro episode for the main event.
Can't wait to see next episode!
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 110:

Looks like spoiler[another set up episode] with an epic LET'S RUMBLE to finally get this invasion under way. I'm really looking forward to it though after seeing that spoiler[PV with Netero and Zeno]. On another note, poor Palm. I wonder what happened to her...
javg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 110:
I'm really looking forward to it though after seeing that spoiler[PV with Netero and Zeno].

I completely agree with you. For me, these last 2 episodes were the calm before the storm. I can't wait to see an explosive fight Smile
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
The plot is certainly moving forward.
It's weird that King has spoiler[an identity crisis].
Something is definitely going on with him.
Komugi must have triggered some kind of change inside him.
Seems like he's growing emotionally.
Hm... so even the palace has its weak spots.
Guess it's impossible to monitor every single corner of the place.
Hunters are making big plans, but they're still just plans.
Can't wait for the action to start!
jbondsr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:27 am Reply with quote
Saw the movie..... Spoilers and opinions below.
Sorry, I was kind of tired when I went to see it, so I may have left some things out or misheard one or 2 things. I'll see it again and write a proper review later.
spoiler[It happens before the chimera ant arc, but after Gon and Killua meet Kite.
Zushi got defeated too easily at sky arena. Hisoka doesn't really do much during the film. (Neither does Wing or Bisque, which is kind of unbelievable.)
We learn about a new power called "On" which is like opposite of Nen. (In a sense)
Users of it can seem to use all the areas of nen (manipulation, reinforcement, etc.)
Gon and Killua also have to fight some of the floor masters (also Kurapica has to fight some too). They defeat them too easily in my opinion. They are floor masters. Some of them should almost be Hisoka class.
Enemy and his team is about revenge about what happened to them years ago by the Hunter X Hunter association years ago (along with finding the power from the guy Netero defeated years ago.)
I thought the way that the enemeny was defeated was kind of a cop-out, but that's just me.
Kind of preachy towrds the end.
You do get to learn a bit more about netero's earlier years, and his realtion to the enemy in the film. There's nothing after the credits (unlike the other hunter x hunter film)]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Attack from the sky was impressive.
Not that much happened except the sky attack.
The story about Netero was really interesting.
I enjoyed watching it.
This was one side side story/flashback I didn't expect to see.
It was a nice surprise and kept me glue to the screen.
Can't wait to see more of his fight style.]
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Damn 111 was good. If they're skimping on the budget, it's certainly not showing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Dragon Drive] is pretty awesome. Even at old ages, spoiler[Zenos and Netero doesn't break a sweat when dealing with these ants. Pitou is in a bit of trouble there though.]

Great episode. I liked how the narration and how spoiler[Zenos seems to be talking to the audience regarding Netero's past and his skills. On the topic of Netero, he can punch at the speed of sound? Yikes.] I wonder how fast the King can compare to that. Anyways, looking forward to next time.

Based on the PV, spoiler[Komugi looks like she got injured though]...
javg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, after watching the episode, I'm a bit disappointed in how they showed us the spoiler[ attack from the sky]. I was expecting much more action. I would've prefer seeing spoiler[ a very quick secuence of movements from the appearance of the old guys until Pitou used her technique, and after that, the whole explanation].

On the other hand, I liked how spoiler[ Zeno talked us about Netero] and the awesome spoiler[ attacks, performed by these two guys ]. Also, I think the spoiler[ gestures made by Pitou during the assault ] were just perfect.

All in all, I enjoyed the episode. All what they showed was great, but almost everything spoiler[ was related ] and I think it wasn't necessary that much.[/spoiler]
free2slap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Ok, that might be the best interlude before a fight ever made in an anime. I loved the narration, andspoiler[ zeno] speaking about the old man. I completely forgot how strong that man was since reading it from the manga. That made the episode even more enjoyable. spoiler[Every little bit of seconds were intense from Morau's countdown, including the ant with the butterfly wings running to the king (I thought that was funny), pitou's immediately change of expression after being smacked across the sky and how Netero replied to her action: "Bad move little ant".]

That episode was managed beautifully and i applaud mad house and the others for it. I just hope they keep that same level of quality for the rest of the battle because that's where it really gets interesting.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I love Pitou's faces and animations.

And more importantly, now that Pitou finally reveals his nen-ability. Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the heck is Pitou's "Terpsichora" supposed to do?

manga spoilers

From the moment I first saw it used in the manga till now, I've had absolutely no idea what it really does for him. I do know that one of it's effect is to activate and spoiler[control Pitou's dead body if he ever dies]. But it appears to possess other functions as well.

Last edited by Gon*Gon on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 40 of 52