• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
does wresting protocol require you to spoiler[politely wait for an intruder to knockout your rival and friend via sleeper hold despite said friend trying to save you from a bouquet smack down] just moments ago? Kouko Kaga's got nothing on Blue Panther, that's for sure
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
All the submission moves so looks painful in this show..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
Drat, the idol ED is back even though they aren't relevant anymore.

Did that ED ever go away? I don't usually watch EDs after the first eppie or two, but I like this one so I generally watch it and I don't recall seeing a different one.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:
Drat, the idol ED is back even though they aren't relevant anymore.

Did that ED ever go away? I don't usually watch EDs after the first eppie or two, but I like this one so I generally watch it and I don't recall seeing a different one.

wasnt there last episode
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[reporter are trying get inside berserk building for interview for sakura give roster blocking them cause before that we got moe's debut match vs sakura.

give it start going like striking match with moe get punch & kick to lead octopus hold on sakura give flashback talk about going pro wrestler yet leaving previous works give sakura being idol singer group member & moe a karate person champion.

sakura got the rope then moe go run around but give notice yet moe lack of stamina & pace well sakura take in go for a octopus cobra hold, then ankle lock, & boston crab give moe got rope.

then go finish with suplex but got 2 then same for sit-out powerbomb still 2 give thinking of sakura kick but don't want to on moe's debut yet moe want that kick give going attacking bring it.

yet flashback call give sakura & moe leaving their past for pro wrestling is worth yet fun as well cue sakura kick on moe for 3 yet all good match over both had fun would like a rematch in another time.

now that over berserk's roster help train sakura ready for blue panther match give seeing how fight style is difference give moe being worry sakura tell her i will not lose the match.

sweet diva get ready cause own theater on way with worldwide tour give most them are fine ok expect elena give said "something missing" yet wonder on it?

prepare are set everyone is here to watch match for sakura vs blue panther give now is mask vs hair with loser get retire match as well sakura ran to ring all ready yet blue panther arrive as well.

nearly everything is set just before the bell rang in a capital version of Shocking Swerve the blue panther is elena yet juri is same room with jackal?!

(what the "bleep" going on here on the next ep?) ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
All the submission moves so looks painful in this show..

To me they mostly look easy to break. In most cases a shift of one leg would do it. Yet all we get here are rope breaks. Oh well -- it isn't that important.

This show always had a bit of a problem with plausibility, and the end of Episode 10 just hit the peak of it. That's what professional wrestling is -- the writers play around to see how much they can get away with.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes, spoiler[holy unforeseen plot twist], Batman. I'll be very interested to see how they justify that one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I saw an ankle lock in the latest episode! Kurt angle tribute baby!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
150 members seems like a lot, but I guess if AKB can do it, why not a fictional Idol group
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh man this twist is so freaking retarded.
You are telling me that Elena has managed to somehow trained to become a decent wrestler while touring the world with Sweet Diva and NO ONE from the idol group noticed?................that's really stretching things a bit much just to cause some drama.

Whatever 2 episodes left and this show hasn't exactly been logical ever since it started so eh Rolling Eyes
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
they aren't touring the world yet, for now its just been Japan. but yeah, curious to see what Juri did to get her in fighting shape
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yes, spoiler[holy unforeseen plot twist], Batman. I'll be very interested to see how they justify that one.

well it's more better to say that "reveal" remind of whole higher power wwe doing aka "IT'S ME SAKURA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, SAKURA."

really of all people spoiler[ELENA] yea somebody got some explain to do?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Oh man this twist is so freaking retarded.

Anime + Professional Wrestling = Retarded Plot Twist ^ 2.

Don't count on the ref to say something is illegal.

Your expectation was .... ?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
Looks like I'm the only one left watching this.

Memo to Elena: So she can't do both? You did.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
Sad to say, you are not alone, Haruhi Toy. Because if you were, that would mean I never started this p.o.s title in the first place or that I had dumped it earlier like I should have.

I don't think I've hated a writing team as much as I hate this one. These p.o.s hacks only know how to do one thing: hey, that's have example after example of Sakura being totally ineffective and saying, "It hurts."

So much stupidity. Supposedly Elena is doing all this so that Sakura will come back to Sweet Diva - yet she'll use illegal holds that can cause tendon damage. Yeah, that'll really help Sakura's dancing, you stupid bitch.

And Sakura - give up wrestling, you useless tool. if you're having this much trouble with some chick who has virtually no ring experience and has only managed to squeeze in some training sessions in between her "murderous" Sweet Diva schedule, then you truly are in the wrong business. And let's not forget your ridiculous 0-65 loss record before the p.o.s writers decided, "duhhhhhhhhh, guess we can do something different now that we've flogged this element into the floor and through it."

I'm really mad at myself for sticking with this retarded show. I was ready to throw in the towel a few eppies back but they re-ignited my interest by bring in Moe. Now I have to see how it ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9