• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
White Album 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
nah, she knows that spoiler[Kazusa loves Haurki, and she knows that Haruki loves Kazusa], especially after that comment he made when they were discussing plans for her birthday party. Setsuna is trying her hardest to keep her little fantasy going as long as possible, while both Haruki and Kazusa are trying to fight it. the core problem here is that Setsuna and Haruki are trying their hardest to pretend the hard truth of their situation doesn't exist, which is:

spoiler[Haruki is trying to force himself to feel committed to her by putting them in "couple situations", as if that will make him more accepting of the fact that she's the only one for him. Setsuna - as she has from the start - is desperately avoiding couple situations because she doesn't want anything to force Haruki to confront the truth head-on. They're both living in a sort of fantasy, and each trying to perpetuate it in opposite ways. Haruki seems to think acting as if they’re a couple will fool them into thinking they really are, and Setsuna that refusing to act like a couple will keep them from realizing they’re not. ]

when this house of cards comes tumbling down, it will tumble down hard
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
^
Wow, I think that is the longest post getchman has ever written. You soppy romantic, you! Wink

Episode 10

Well, that was irritating. After 9-and-a-half episodes, we spoiler[FINALLY get to an intense emotional confrontation and then: flashback.] Nice. Rolling Eyes

Anyone wanna guess why Touma will be spoiler[living with her mom in Europe? My supposition is that Touma has some kind of fatal illness. I think that's what she meant when she made that comment about her mother not telling Kitahara something and that was kind but cold.] So I guess this is going to end with Touma and spoiler[Kitahara finally acknowledging their feelings for each other but realizing it is not to be and Kitahara stays with Setsuna who is hugely relieved that her love rival conveniently has a fatal disease.]
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
You're just desperate to see some dead girls, aren't you?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
It ain't a real romance 'til some chick goes tits up. Hey man, I don't make the rules - I simply observe them.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Flashback] huh? Well I'm a Touma fan so I didn't mind but I thought the latest episode would of been the apex of this series so far with all the drama built up but I guess not this time around.

I'm still wondering how Setsuna will respond to this though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I felt bad for Touma, but I am still rooting for Setsuna. I don't think Blood's prediction is going to happen. This is based on a VN after all, so I am sure there are 2 endings with either girl winning in the end. Although there might be the case that Touma does spoiler[actually have a fatal disease and in the ending she wins would just be a depressing limited relationship with Haruki. ]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
With the whole spoiler[Touma going to Europe] revelation this has turned out to be quite disappointingly cliche. I'll be shocked if in the next episodes Touma doesn't make an advance on Haruki and they end up having sexual intercourse before spoiler[Touma moves away], with Ogiso likely finding out to some degree. I was really hoping this wouldn't go in that direction but with that revelation this episode it seems practically inevitable.

Come on WA2, surprise me.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
With the whole spoiler[Touma going to Europe] revelation this has turned out to be quite disappointingly cliche. I'll be shocked if in the next episodes Touma doesn't make an advance on Haruki and they end up having sexual intercourse before spoiler[Touma moves away], with Ogiso likely finding out to some degree. I was really hoping this wouldn't go in that direction but with that revelation this episode it seems practically inevitable.

Come on WA2, surprise me.

I doubt that happens. She would be a scumbag to spoiler[sleep with her best friend's boyfriend.] Although I think they are probably going spoiler[to confess their love for each other right before she leaves for her flight.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
^

Anyone wanna guess why Touma will be spoiler[living with her mom in Europe?]

sure. she cares too much about Setsuna, doesn't want to hurt her, so removing herself from the situation is the best thing she can think of. that's my guess. sorry it's so boring
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quote
It's not your fault your boring guess will probably end up being correct. It's the show's fault. Looking back on it, I'm kinda surprised I stuck with this one. I guess it was just serviceable enough to keep me going even though I flirted with droppage a number of times.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
I really don't think it needs something crazy and unexpected like you proposed. it's doing just fine with what it has
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Sure, doing fine as a sleep aid.

COME ON, LET'S BRING OUT THE SCHOOL DAYS-STYLE ENDING!!!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
that would have been a better alternative to the first White Album. probably would have gotten me to finish the second half
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Haruki had that spoiler[slap] coming to him. Ah...the drama escalates again this episode with Touma. I wonder how Setsuna feels about this though when or if she finds out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
it's so frustrating seeing her blow all those chances she had to be with him, especially since it's via flashback.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7