• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beyond the Boundary (Kyoukai no Kanata) (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
I just love it how people in this show like to stand around and give us gigantic expository monologues WHEN NOBODY IS LISTENING TO THEM!
This episode also featured some pretty amazing animation,it was definitely the best looking episode I have seen this year.
Yaou2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Although it's cliché but still enjoy watching it....hope there's still a chance that wa can get 2nd season...hopefully
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11
But most importantly of all we had spoiler[Akihito's mother]

And she quickly showed how sexualization is done.
Like I thought, Kyoani only can't do that to the small girls. Everything else flies. Disgusting.
I'm glad the sales still aren't doing spectacularly, it deserves it.

And about the OP playing, it was quite cheap after the episode having the OP already, they could have at least skipped it so it might have had a bigger impact. Hearing it twice in 15 minutes just makes it more stale.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11
But most importantly of all we had spoiler[Akihito's mother]

And she quickly showed how sexualization is done.
Like I thought, Kyoani only can't do that to the small girls. Everything else flies. Disgusting.
I'm glad the sales still aren't doing spectacularly, it deserves it.

I am curious on which non-hentai anime you actually enjoyed that sexualized little girls.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger, you say some rather foolish things. Why are you so set on the show "sexualising little girls"? The show has been great lately, I can't see the problems with what they have sexualised. and moe is generally considered KyoAni's go to for certain things.

You are really starting to creep me out with wanting to see lolis like you claim. And want to know a funny thing? In certain senses I like lolis quite a bit, something I have kept rather quiet before now, but your outrageous statements has upset someone who should in theory agree with you.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
Lolis? I said "small girls".
Meaning Mirai and Ai, for example. I didn't say lolis now.
And I'm saying this because, in theory, Mirai is the main girl, so not giving her fanservice while they go all out with the mother of one of the characters, it just stinks.
And don't even start on "but Kyoani is not a studio that sexualizes characters...!", because, you know, Free!.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
But we saw plenty of scenes with her being... nice. Just look at this picture, that not enough? Plus she is supposed to be awkward, it is part of her charm that she does not look like the usual sense of hot. And Ai already fills the series with so much cuteness that there is only so often they can have her on screen, so they have to filter the rest into the ONA.

Free is a major change from what KyoAni usually do, if anything it was an experiment of how exactly they could be different. Although completely going against that point, would Tessa count as "little"?
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Since I don't want to argue about it, let's just say that I still think Mirai should have gotten more service than a 40 year old.
So let's see, Tessa? Little?
No, oh god no, I don't even see what you're trying to convey with mentioning her.
My Name's Not Rick!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
so, is this a case of "this show wont pander to my very specific desires, therefore it's garbage and thus deserves to suffer from poor sales. and lucky me, sales projections for this particular title show that it wont do very well, so hurrah, victory for me!!!"

This is just what I have observed in various threads that lack what you desire, so if i'm wrong, please, feel free to correct me
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
No, you're actually pretty right.
Though I might have to add that Kyoani should at least to some extent know their audience.
Either that, or they really didn't care much about the sales, in which case my respect for them for going with it their way.
But I think it's just mere miscalculation on their part, so they do deserve it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Things are getting interesting again.
spoiler[It's a shame about Kuriyama though.]
Luckily, hope never dies ^^
Looks like things will never be the same again.
spoiler[That girl has such a big weight on her shoulders.
I kinda feel sorry for her..]

This anime is certainly never dull.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I am so buying the crap out of this show. I've enjoyed it from the very start: the look, the humour, the characters, the tone, Akkey's mom - all of it. Very happy it is getting a physical release. Now if only I get a chance to say the same about Hyouka...
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
No, you're actually pretty right.
Though I might have to add that Kyoani should at least to some extent know their audience.
Either that, or they really didn't care much about the sales, in which case my respect for them for going with it their way.
But I think it's just mere miscalculation on their part, so they do deserve it.

Their audience is whoever it wants to be.

People who have interest in the show watch it, and that's the audience. Know it or not, not everyone wants to see loli fanservice and most people (even those who do want to see loli fanservice) can like or not like something based on other merits. This show clearly has an audience, so saying kyoani doesn't know their audience is dumb.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I am still of the mind that Japanese Bluray/DvD prices simply are ridiculous to begin with and that KnK simply at its worst is a mediocre show which would be a much more significant factor than Kyoani "not knowing its own audience", throw in the nature that there are already SEVERAL urban fantasy premiering just this season and "series failure" can be completely independent of Kyoani does or does not completely pander to the target audience.

Mind you I have already said this in variant, but that doesn't stop Heinz from spieling the same self serving lines either.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
ONA 3

Shocked
Well good news to the Free fangirls.

My favourite part was when the girls were spoiler[covering their eyes, except for Sakura who continued to eat her sandwich], and Ai then spoiler[peeks].

spoiler[Poor Akihito].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 21