• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Time (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Tada is not always perfect, he is making mistakes in some of the ways he is dealing with Kouko, and not being more truthful and reminding her of negative actions. But there was an awesome part of him when he looked like he had no spoiler[embarrassment while being dressed as a maid], that makes him a cool character. I do wonder if he was totally honest he could get things moving right, say that he lately had feelings from his old self, but that would be a lot to ask.

Nana was spoiler[hot in the devil], and I had a strong feeling spoiler[Linda would be there], I was not happy with him suddenly being spoiler[embarrassed around her]. And yes, Miss Monochrome, I can hear her auto-tuned voice now. And why was I reminded of Rocky Horror Picture show?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I admit I'm getting a little impatient for the inevitable dust-up to occur. Obviously, Banri's feelings for Linda are going to come to the fore and the sooner we get there, the better afaic. I want to get over that hump, because my assumption is that after Banri and Koko "break-up" over Linda, he will realize she really is the one for him and then they can have a real relationship that isn't based on lies.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I want to get over that hump, because my assumption is that after Banri and Koko "break-up" over Linda, he will realize she really is the one for him and then they can have a real relationship that isn't based on lies.

Isn't it normal for young people to screw things up royally? And both Tada and Koko were damaged goods to start with. In this case the journey may be worth more than the destination.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I vote spoiler[Banri] best girl. Who's with me?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Banri's] a cutie, no question, but it was spoiler[Devil Girl Nana] who really did it for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Oh boy, spoiler[Koko found out and I mean the hard way. Actually, how was she able to track down Tada Banri to that night club? GPS?]

Anyways, the episode had the feels especially with Koko. spoiler[She really is a caring girlfriend though with her 63 messages. It looks like she forgives Tada Banri this time and he is moving on as well. I'm not 100% sure about Linda though. She did tear up that picture but I'm not sure if she'll get over this that easily. And of course, I expect flashbacks and memories to appear every once and while with Tada Banri. One other thing I noticed in this episode is that Mitsuo finds Linda attractive.] Idk if it's just out of admiration or if he's somewhat serious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Wow, there sure were feels by the end of this episode. I've been able to connect really well with the past few episodes, actually. Maybe things have been getting more focused recently? Must also have to do something with how I saw episodes 9 through 12 consecutively tonight-- with all the missteps & sliding back and forth of relationships between characters, and watching other shows that have been more aesthetically interesting/less complicated, it was getting difficult to be regularly invested in it. I wonder how I should proceed from here, to wait nearly another month before watching another good chunk of it or return to watching it on a weekly basis...

Anyway, regarding Episode 12: Ugh, those last few minutes spoiler[of Banri and Linda doing what they did was not a way to positively "move on." It's dumb for them to try and deny all that had happened between them by just "forgetting" everything and to try and act like they weren't friends before, especially now that the 'old Banri' has actually resurfaced and 'new Banri' hasn't reconciled with him yet. Can't help but get mad at characters that aren't honest with themselves-- Banri for trying to will this denial into existence, Linda for still not coming clean with her feelings after what practically feels to be an ultimatum of sorts from Banri. It doesn't help, either, that the last few episodes have solidly put me in the 'Team Linda' corner, hah. Even with Koko's apparent efforts at being a "good girlfriend" and the heartfelt misery she showed this episode, I haven't been convinced yet that the Koko-x-Banri pairing is an earned pairing. There needs to be a lot more maturation from both sides (though more so with Koko) for me to not only believe in a romantic relationship between them, but even cheer them on for their sakes. Until then, I'll be sympathizing the most with Linda and hope things work out for them better in the near future.]

-----
Onto another thought about episode 12...

Stark700 wrote:
Oh boy, spoiler[Koko found out and I mean the hard way. Actually, how was she able to track down Tada Banri to that night club? GPS?]

Admittedly, Koko spoiler[texted him that she checked several places that they've been together before. There's also how she might have realized that Nana also wasn't home, so it might've not taken her too long to pare down the possibility of Banri being at the same nightclub they were together at earlier in the series. But even with all this rationalizing.... yeah, it didn't seem natural enough for Koko to just happen to find Banri at the club, especially when Banri was dressed up like he was and he was in one of the most compromising positions imaginable.] Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Yeah, Banri deserved that spoiler[slap], although it was interesting that it lead to spoiler[Koko actually upset that she was being a bad girlfriend]. It was actually pretty good that Koko is aware of her downfalls, and it actually felt like we were seeing the real her again. It was not like all the messages she left her too crazy, she was genuinely worried about him.

But despite everything it looks like Koko and Banri spoiler[are now closer to each other, and were extra honest with each other]. Although how he dealt with spoiler[Linda] did not look that great.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:

Anyway, regarding Episode 12: Ugh, those last few minutes spoiler[of Banri and Linda doing what they did was not a way to positively "move on." It's dumb for them to try and deny all that had happened between them by just "forgetting" everything and to try and act like they weren't friends before, especially....]

That does seem, however, to be a particularly Japanese way of approaching that particular problem. I am sure the domestic fans fully related to it.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Yeah, Banri deserved that spoiler[slap], although it was interesting that it lead to
Quote:
Koko actually upset that she was being a bad girlfriend
. It was actually pretty good that Koko is aware of her downfalls, and it actually felt like we were seeing the real her again. It was not like all the messages she left her too crazy, she was genuinely worried about him.

I'd like to hear from all the posters here who are/were convinced that Koko is nothing more than a psychotic stalker. [victorylap]Looks like I was right and she has grown quite a bit.[/victorylap]

My only disappointment was that nobody -- particularly Banri -- came out and said no Koko you were doing things a good girlfriend would do. She wasn't stalking she was worried. She was lied to. It was fundamental to their relationship that they both understood that she was prone to extreme jealousy and insecurity and Banri had no business ignoring that. Another girl or probably most girls would have been much less emotional about it, but he picked Koko.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Except what she did was completely psychotic stalker and not being a good girlfriend. Koko went into misery over the whole thing because even she knew what she did was absolutely wrong. Honestly I have never really been in the Tada/Koko corner, but I was warming up to it until these last few episodes. While I think they needed to get together in the beginning to grow in certain ways I think their relationship can only get worse as it really isn't healthy.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Except what she did was completely psychotic stalker and not being a good girlfriend.

Not really.... Imagine you are a controlling and worrisome person. Now imagine your significant other has not being picking up their cell phone from 11 pm to 1 am on a weekend and is not at home. Now you start thinking something bad must have happened to that person, especially since they were sick not too long ago. What Kouko did was reasonable. It was a little excessive but that is her character.

Also it is about time they start calling each other by their first names!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
11 pm to 1 am on a weekend and is not at home.

... At a time where he said he specifically said he would be at home.
Suzu-san

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
When Banri was telling Koko how he truly felt and the fact that he was being honest she, of course being the selfish person that she is, totally ignored him. She cant say forget everything about the past. Really? If she truly loved Banri the least she can do is help him find out he truly feels and wants. I mean isnt that what love is? Making sure the person you love is happy even though you might not be apart of it? Thats why I have complete respect for Linda. Im pretty sure theres more to them just being friends in the past.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Eivion wrote:
Except what she did was completely psychotic stalker and not being a good girlfriend.

Not really.... Imagine you are a controlling and worrisome person. Now imagine your significant other has not being picking up their cell phone from 11 pm to 1 am on a weekend and is not at home. Now you start thinking something bad must have happened to that person, especially since they were sick not too long ago. What Kouko did was reasonable. It was a little excessive but that is her character.

"Oh he's probably asleep, must have worked on his report all night, I should just leave him to sleep" would be a normal behavior, what she did is pretty psychotic, if you know someone who act like that, get them professional help, they need it (but hopefully no one does in the series, supernova Koko is way more interesting than your average girlfriend in most anime). What change her action from "normal" to "psychotic" is the fact that she sent 63 message, sending multiple message (that's something like one every 3 minute) in such a short period is pointless and accomplish nothing, a normal well thinking person would realize that, a psychotic person wouldn't. If he didn't answer the first 2-3 message he's not gonna answer the next 60 in the next few hour. There's a reason police only accept missing person report if people have been missing for more than a day.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
11 pm to 1 am on a weekend and is not at home.

... At a time where he said he specifically said he would be at home.

At a time where he specifically stated he would be working hard on a report for school and thus would likely not respond.

Koko is an absolute creepy stalker. One of the worst I've seen in anime. Her obsession is unhealthy for both her and Banri. Her refusing him to get a job (which is where this whole escapde started) is 100% irrational based on paranoia and should not be supported at all. She needs very heavy psychological assistance. She is not right in the head.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 22