• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best of 2013: TV- Franchise, Sequels, Continuing, and long running

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your favorite "continuing" show of 2012
*other* (your's missing? mention in the thread below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
AKB0048 next stage
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bakuman 3
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
A Certain Scientific Railgun S
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Chihayafuru 2
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Detective Conan (Case Closed)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Fairy Tail
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Genshiken Second Season
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Golden Time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Haganai NEXT
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
High School DxD New
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Hunter X Hunter
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Kill la Kill
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Kuroko's Basketball 2
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Minami-ke Tadaima
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Monogatari Series Second Season
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Nagi no Asukara: A Lull in the Sea
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Oreimo 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rozen Maiden – Zurückspulen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'll try this again, two polls for Best of 2013.
Creating one poll list for the year is just too problematic, a poll only allows 20 choices, leaving out too many possibilities, and trying to figure out parameters to limit the choices excludes worthy entries. So I make two.

The other poll contains shows that finished (at least by the end of this season) in 2013 (check that poll for more details).
It can be found here:
Best of 2013: TV- "New" and "Complete" [sic]

This poll is for shows that that are still running for at least most of the next season. Whether they are a long running show like Hunter X Hunter, or just directly continuing into the winter '14 season. A show like Silver Spoon, that had a complete FIRST season finish in 2012 goes in that poll even if it has a continuing sequel. This polls also covers franchise stories, like A Certain Index/Railgun and Mongatari

I'm sure there will be disagreements with which 19 shows I chose (love or hate), but that's why I included an "other" option. It's also quite possible that I simply missed an obvious choice by accident.

*If any "OTHER" shows get repeatedly mentioned in the discussion as a #1 choice, I'll edit this post and place them at the top of this post as a special mention*

I determined the list by using ANN's year and genre search tools and chose the highest rated shows, with some exceptions. I took out a couple I thought were highly rated but I personally thought might not get many #1 votes and included a couple more choices that I thought have dedicated fans that might vote for the show.
It is definitely not my personal top 20 for the year and the high score of a couple frankly surprised me.

I used the titles in the poll as listed by ANN, even if another title is as, or more, common.

I used the titles in the poll as listed in ANN's encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I was considering Genshiken 2, because I'm a bit of a fanboy, or Chihayafuru 2, because the characters are so strong, but I decided to wait until the final episode of Monogatari 2nd to pick, and that final episode broke the tie with not only a good stopping point, but an absolutely excellent one.

The Monogatari series is just so wonderfully masterful at switching things up. love it, love it, love it.

and kudos (heh) to the person who voted for Detective Conan. Part of me wanted to vote for that too. I'm glad I decided to put in the list this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Nagi No Asukara. I'll quote pull the reasoning from my top 10 anime:

TsunaReborn! wrote:
Nagi No Asukara – Although this series has not yet completed airing it has already made its way into my top 10. If a show can make me laugh, smile, cry and hate it deserves to be in my top 10 and Nagi No Asukara has already done this! The love triangle… mess doesn’t over whelm the story but instead develops the characters and shows their growth. For me Hikari is quite possibly my favourite character from any anime (up with Chizuru, Tajima, Masaki, Souma, Miria and a few others… I digress) his character improvement from a loudmouth self-centered brat to a selfless respectful adolescent could have had him progress fairly far if not win the most improved character tournament earlier this year (2013). We will see if this series moves further up/down the list once completed.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Hunter X Hunter has been extremely good. Detective Conan and One Piece were pretty slow in comparison. I can't think of a continuing show that deserves the trophy more than it.
Daiki Tetsuya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Knb for me Anime catgrin
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow do I have good taste or what. I'm actually selecting the popular pick of these polls...

Chihayafuru 2 <3
It made me cry in each episode legit. I can't really say if Season 1 or 2 was better because I watched them at different times (I was an easy rater before) but season 2 was definitely the more emotional one.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I voted based on what series I got to see so far, which is Golden Time and Kill La Kill. Without a doubt Kill La Kill was the breakout series and was also a breath of fresh air. I'm actually sad that it had to end. I think it's something about the names of the characters, the wacky animation and tripped out comedy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1