• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kill la Kill (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow so some posters and I were wrong about spoiler[Nui not being the killer.] I thought it was random at first to have an all powerful loli, but after reading J-Dark Side post it all makes sense.

It sucks we have to wait 3 weeks for the next episode, but at least the OST will be released on the 25th.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
>spoiler[Satsuki is not trying to fight her mom and is still the villian]

I don't know how to feel about this Anime cry

But amazing episode nonetheless.
J-Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
>spoiler[Satsuki is not trying to fight her mom and is still the villian]

Doubtful.

spoiler[Everything she told Ryoku about having her dad killed is an obvious lie. Her reaction to Ryoku's kamui in episode one shows she wasn't particularly familiar with it. Plus, it's obvious that neither commands the other. She probably is still preparing to go to war with her mother, but she can't right now. The goku uniforms were still heavily flawed, meaning her current tour on conquest is her rallying her armies for the final phase once the time is right.]

Plus, spoiler[her lie keeps Ryoku focused on her, and thus controllable. No chance she joins with a resistance group or loses control as long as Ryoku keeps her sights set on Satsuki, plus she can still use Ryoku as a valuable resource as she has been doing.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Matoi finally found the person she was looking for.
This should be very interesting.
Damn, as expected, she totally snapped!
It's nice they gave us some insight to the past events.
Matoi totally overdid it with her rage.
That little b*tch got her right where she wanted.
To lose control and lose herself.
Didn't expectspoiler[ Satsuki] to intervene and to be so fair.
spoiler[Mako] was the best this time! ^^
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Sajuukkhar wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
So this girl just is spoiler[the one who killed her father? That feels like a ripoff. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was clearly shown to NOT be her in the previous episodes that we see fleeing].

Actually, the killer in the flashback of episode 1 was clearly shown to have twintails and a large puffy dress. It was only after Ryuko became obsessed with Satsuki that the killer's image changed, which it did twice, to be more like Satsuki.

They made it pretty clear Ryuko was warping her memories in her mind based on whoever was her current "big" target, which why they changed the flashback every time they showed it.

Ooh, that's clever then.
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Ooh, that's clever then.

Here is the difference between the episode 1, and the episode 8/11 flashbacks

As you can see
-The killer's dress has been greatly reduced in size.
-The killer's hair went from, what looked like messy twin tails, to being neat and just going down her back.
-The Scissor blade lost its giant ring
-The bladed edge went from facing Ryuko to having the dull edge face her.

Ryuko has been altering the memories based on her obsession with Satsuki.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am Reply with quote
Sajuukkhar wrote:
Ryuko has been altering the memories based on her obsession with Satsuki.

And which Satsuki has been exploiting. Ryuko is gonna have to come to terms with that eventually, otherwise it's going to remain an albatross around her neck.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Oh, Mako was also a highlight. I loved the bit where she thought she had to explain that loss of blood leads to death, and her response to "right" from Gamagori implying that it was common knowledge was equally funny. She always has her own energy that can differ from everything else and steal the show. And it looks like her and Ryuko have earned Satsuki's respect.

Well, Makospoiler[ ripped out of normal space in order to give a calming hug to her friend, who was just about to ... die...]

Sounds familiar. Probably just me though.

And as usual, Mako scares the crap out of me; Ok, her backdoor alley father of a doctor steals blood from his patients in order to turn a profit ... thanks for sharing, show... but she watches them die for some reason, as he drains them dry. Could try, I don't know, helping them...

Then again, maybe she's helping her kind old dad with his job...

And Kill la Kill, no matter what you do or how you do it, I find it hard to come out and like a bunch of mass murders {baring Ryuko... so far...} not matter how cute and charismatic you make them.

"How cute, they're made for each other."

Yes, they both a low regard for other people's lives, unless they're close friends or, occasionally, family {wait, that describes the entire cast. The gentle brute and sociopathic fruitcake}. I'm pretty sure this show isn't taking its own themes seriously but when Nui screamed as her own sociopathic reality came crashing down {was Yakuri Tamura saving that from Higurashi?}, I think that was something of a warning sign of themes to come.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Tsugumu and Stripper-sensei mentioned that "those three are monster that have become more than human". Doesn't that imply that Harime's dress is also a Kamui?

BTW, has Ryuko's mother been mentioned at all? I have this nagging suspicion that she's going to turn out to be a certain lady with rainbow hair...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Way to misinterpret what she was saying, Animegomaniac. My understanding is that her father does take blood from his patients and sells it for a profit. But that doesn't mean he takes *all* of their blood and intentionally murders them. The fact that she, as the daughter of a doctor, knows that if too much blood is lost, the patient will die doesn't mean that her father has been intentionally doing that.

I figured she meant that her father uses his patients as involuntary blood donors, not that he murders them. But if you are determined to interpret things in the worst manner possible, then feel free. I just think you're wrong.

Generic #757858 wrote:
Tsugumu and Stripper-sensei mentioned that "those three are monster that have become more than human". Doesn't that imply that Harime's dress is also a Kamui?

I assumed that to be the case. There's no way she could've stopped even one of Ryuko's attacks without some sort of enhancing clothing: she didn't dodge them all, she *blocked* some of them. No way you can do that without some sort of enhancing gear. Also, she wasn't affected by that trap that the Nudist Beach guy sprang on her. So yes, I'm sure she's wearing *something* that is making her more powerful, even without the scissor blade.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:

I thought they made it clear that Harime is a doll made from life fibers. She spit out stuffing when Isshin hit her, and Ryuko said that her touch felt cold.
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
She spit out stuffing when Isshin hit her,

.... You're joking..... right?

That was intestinal fluid from being hit so hard.....
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Anti life fibers soon?!?!?!!?
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Generic #757858 wrote:

I thought they made it clear that Harime is a doll made from life fibers. She spit out stuffing when Isshin hit her, and Ryuko said that her touch felt cold.

I hadn't even considered that, but yeah, it definetily looks like stuffing. It would also explain why her eyepatch (what kanji is it supposed to be?) is an actual patch and why she is able to match Ryuko without transforming (so far).

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Anti life fibers soon?!?!?!!?

Isn't Nudist Beach pretty much that? Guess they're the good guys this time around.
Volibear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so I have a question. If I haven't "gotten" this series after the first 6 episodes am I going to if I continue with it? I know it had alot of hype proceeding it but I didn't really follow why, I just started it because of it. Having tried it I can't really tell why it was hyped at all.

Does it get any better or is this series just lost on me?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 60