• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job. (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm really loving this show. I love the way it started slow and built up over time; we get to learn the characters, and we get lots of focus on one plot instead of split focus on several. I also love Fino. She's my favourite character since Erio Touwa. I'm baffled that nobody has licensed this yet.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you leatherhead333; All-A's hatred towards demons did come out of nowhere and was sloppily executed. It should have been built up over the course of the season but the writers were too busy stuffing her into fanservice outfits to bother with explaining her backstory.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
I didn't really think anybody was taking this seriously enough to care that much about Airi's sudden motive rant.

anyway, the Enterprise-D was totally obliterated by the end of Star Trek: Generations. lets hope that cool old guys doesn't suffer a similar fate
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[raul & company reach fino but being not herself unleash volcano wrath to everyone cause everyone go inside even got leon store going buy overload with nova & 2nd manager get overload with buyers.

then after old red's dragon ship got landed give airi used lam sword handle bats then came harpies give old red's dragon has freeze ray til went down give before charge into volcano area raul get a sword from lore that it from female manager's brother.

speak of female manager & elza give raid a hot water & steam iron lesson so raul, alla, & lam going in volcano area give monster face they let raul save fino cause doing you shall not pass defense for it.

raul found fino give being attack doing the "I Know You're in There Somewhere" speech about time working in leon give work then door open give raul trying close door yet fino choke raul yet he give more "I Know You're in There Somewhere" saying & tell her come back home with raul & everyone.

yet it work fino back to normal all good everyone fine give female manager make raid paid the damages with credit card & everyone having feast for happy day work of all yet female manager ask alla what you do now?

next day back to work in all ok with now alla join leon work crew give still want be a hero in the right good way with now fino be teaching alla the leon work way indeed everything back to normal "the end". ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

An action packed episode, and of course Raul had to fight while spoiler[recounting the lines that employees had to learn]. I was fond of how they had possessed Fino in keep changing as she almost broke free, there was quite a bit of work put into her facial expressions. Also, question: Did it sound like they were implying that Seara's spoiler[brother may have been the hero that took the previous king out]? Anyone else notice that the part with the skeletons matched what happens in the ED?

I really liked the series, at least more than most would. I said at the beginning that it was the sort of show I would really like, and yeah it kept that up. Perhaps in areas it fell bellow what Outbreak Company was managing, but I actually rather liked the world's strange mix of fantasy and more modern. And of course I liked Fino, possibly my favourite characters of the season (I am as of writing this using an avatar of her excited), her demon acts yet innocence was awesome. There seemed to be some actual messages in here like productivity can be a bit too inhuman, and that smaller retail stores should be supported. And the fan service was not bad either, I wonder how it would be uncensored.

I give the series a personal rating of Very Good, I enjoyed it and would like to see more.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fun while it lasted. Not sure why there was romance in the genres because it was pretty much nonexistent except that small date they had. I will give this a Good.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
yeah, that was a lot better than I expected it to be, especially after the ridiculous amount of fan service in the first episode. I hope we get more. giving this a Very Good
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
OVA

So uncensored if that is what you wanted, due to a high amount of fanservice.

Not much in terms of romance with Fino, but seeing Fino spoiler[pretend to be a Demon Lord] kind of made up for it a little. The manager was also having fun in setting up the situations, especially pleased of spoiler[putting him into perverted situations]. I was actually thinking it was all a plot to spoiler[get Raul to give in and reveal the truth], it would have been in keeping with the idea that a hero can be different things, but they kept to that anyway. Did not take long to figure out what was going to happen from a spoiler[plant trying to eat them].

Anyway, good to see Fino again, kind of funny that she said spoiler[customer service like lines when she was meant to be a demon lord instead of demon lord lines when supposed to service customers]. Lore was also kind of cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6