• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Psycho-Pass English Dub Cast, Trailer

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll definitely buy this one
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
great seeing Kate Oxley again
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
The bit of dialogue I heard (before the trailer went into that stupid effect) sounded good and the voices seem to fit the characters. I have faith that this Funimation's dub will do justice to this very good anime.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Wish the premium edition came with the DVD as well. I really don't support Funimation's Blu-ray locked subtitle crap, especially since I can't enjoy it without the dub+subtitles on.

Kinda wish the trailer didn't distort the voices and muffle them, it's hard to hear the voice acting like that.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I never even thought of Robert for Kogami. That's perfect. I also love how Stephanie Young always seems to get those monotone AI roles like in Summer Wars and Eden of the East.

Jason Douglas as Masaoka seems a bit odd, though. I'll have to hear more, but when I think Jason Douglas, I don't think "old man".

And yeah, I'd like a trailer with more voice + music and less static noise please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, she should be fantastic for the Dominator voice.

The dub sounded very promising before the effect took over.
Can't freaking wait to own it and re-watch it dubbed, loved this show glad it's continuing.

Off topic, I think Toonami would be wise to pick this up.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Really liked what I heard (aside from the static part). Gonna go pre order this.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this series. The dub sounds great as well. Funimation tends to have very solid dubs for the most part so I'm optimistic. I'll hopefully be able to pick up the premium edition after I get Christmas taken care of.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have trouble watching Eden of the East now without hearing Juiz telling Akira to "enforce" people.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
My first Funimation purchase incoming! Just like I said back in ~August, Funimation has begun pushing the Limited Edition-type releases. Seeing Viz do it as well is awesome. I probably have more faith in Viz than I do in Funimation, but we'll just have to wait & see how far both companies decide to push quality releases, rather than quantity.

Don't care for the dub though, just gimme that BD quality, those nice extras & i'm all set Laughing .
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
My first Funimation purchase incoming! Just like I said back in ~August, Funimation has begun pushing the Limited Edition-type releases. Seeing Viz do it as well is awesome. I probably have more faith in Viz than I do in Funimation, but we'll just have to wait & see how far both companies decide to push quality releases, rather than quantity.

Don't care for the dub though, just gimme that BD quality, those nice extras & i'm all set Laughing .

I don't mind if they "push" Premium high quality sets as long as they continue to offer the reasonably priced standard edition as well. I actually prefer it. I actually want the Limited Edition for my favorite shows, I just can't afford to buy every series that way. I don't think Funimation will stop selling one or the other. Their entire business is based around the western audience, so they really can't afford to alienate their customers with ridiculous prices. Also, looking at this compared to Aniplex of America releases the price is fantastic. 22 episodes and all of the extras for less than $100 in the US? Yeah, that's a fantastic deal.

Same on the dub for me too. I won't watch it, but if I show it to my friends, its still nice. And since it is Funimation, it will likely be very good quality.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Main girls voice sounded stiff and forced but the rest were good
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this dub and maybe more Kogami from season 2 (crossing my fingers and crossing my crossed fingers).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
That was a really annoying trailer with all that deliberate fuzzy audio and skipping. Regardless, already pre-ordered the Premium edition since this show is great.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Looking forward to this dub and maybe more Kogami from season 2 (crossing my fingers and crossing my crossed fingers).

I am sure he will be in season 2. It will be disappointing if he is not there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3