• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I think it's implied that it had something to do with his narcoleptic moments. Something likespoiler[ when something was erased he'd return to the waking moment after a narcoleptic sleep.] Like the Yuiko route,spoiler[ everything restarts from the point he wakes up from.]

No, that's not quite right I think. In the first season if I recall that right, there was a moment when Riki got struck by spoiler[his narcolepsy] in the cafeteria mission. Later he spoiler[woke up] and the day continues normally spoiler[and not restarting], then they had a leftover party.

I really don't get how it works exactly, but other than spoiler[the final "Refrain" restart and Yuiko's route I don't think we really get to see the "aborted" routes, sometimes we might see hints but mostly we only see the "good" routes that get Riki where he needed to go. Consider that Riki had no narcoleptic episodes after the last restart. Kyosuke wasn't triggering them anymore.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
Little Busters OVA:

The comedy was alright I guess and had more fan service than I had thought thanks mostly to Kurugaya. She's my favorite character from the show so I don't mind it but the way that spoiler["Saito" was utilized as a character wasn't interesting to me. Also, his voice and mannerisms were predictable when he revealed his identity at the end there.] Most of the battles felt flat as well imo. However, the comedy was great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 am Reply with quote
Oh good, they finally released the subbed OVA.

How many spoiler[Tokido Saya] you can spot in this single episode? And don't forget Haruka's reaction during Alicemagic.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
OVA

Good to take a rest from the harsher parts of the current episode with a more comedic OVA. The whole Saito thing was so obvious that it was hard to enjoy too much. More enjoyable was the spoiler[pranks done by] Kurugaya were more enjoyable, especially with Kud going "spoiler[god damn]". Angry Kud is the best.

shiranehito wrote:
And don't forget Haruka's reaction during Alicemagic.
That got amusement from me too.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Refrain 11.

.................f**k. Who else cried? You know it's not a Key work unless you have tears streaming down your face during at least one episode.

My emotion slowly rose with each spoiler[good-bye]

Masato: feeling a little worked up.
Kengo: Definite tears.
Kyousuke: Freaking blubbering mess. I'm still wiping tears off my neck as I type this.

Haha....damn it.

Last edited by Chiibi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
nope, not this time.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Lol well, I am pretty sensitive. To give you an idea, if I spoiler[see anyone I care about break down in tears,] I am so done. This applies to characters and people I know in real life. What impresses me a lot is when manga can do this as it can only rely on visuals without the audio.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
To clarify, I did feel sorry for everyone in the situation. it was definitely a sad situation. The problem here is that I don't really care about the characters here like I did for Mizuzu, nearly everyone in Kanon, and Nagisa, and Ushio in that sunflower field
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
What a spoiler[disastrous] episode! spoiler[Literally.]
spoiler[Though actually I hoped for more gruesome accident scene with the bus exploding. I'm a bad bad person, but I think it's needed Anime hyper]
I think it's a nice episode despite almost every of it is original material. But it's handled well, I ain't even mad.

In comparison to the VN, Rin is much more of a spoiler[crybaby] in the anime. I can hardly remember having CG of Rin spoiler[crying] in the VN. But that's not bad at all. I actually like it that she's much more spoiler[emotional].
The addition of Rin spoiler[reminiscing of her childhood and the female members of LitBus] is an original touch from JC and it's very good. More friendship power!

Though some parts made me question a lot. Why and how the hell Riki and Rin spoiler[were not inside the bus and moreover, they're in quite a distance from the actual bus crash scene? Okay, maybe someone will say Kengo and Masato took them away, but then where are those guys? They could just save themselves if they could bring the two to a safe distance. Or did they throw them from the bus? They threw the two to save them? That's just insane logic. I think it'll make sense much more if the two woke up - at least next to their savior if it's not in their embrace.] And who the hell did spoiler[drive the bus? That guy really needs a good amount of beating! lol JK]

And I saw this episode sparked a lot of rage from the VN fans. In the original material the conclusion was supposed to be a spoiler[Deus ex Machina] like how spoiler[Nagisa died and Ushio died and Tomoya got back into the time before Nagisa's death] in CLANNAD After Story. Riki and Rin were supposed to be spoiler[the only two left alive, and that's devastating, but with Rin's wish through Komari's star, they returned back in time and saved everyone. Why and how could it happen? Well it's Key, it's about the place where wishes come true and the dead being revived.] That said, I understand JC's decision to cut it right to the true end because it'll spark more argument to the general wider anime-viewer, and there's only one episode left!

ONE MORE EPISODE! I hope JC will adapt it just well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that is one hell of a spoiler[bus crash]. spoiler[I'm glad Rin and Riki made it out of there alive but poor Kengo, Masato, Kurugaya, etc...]

I definitely get the feeling that Rin is sad about all of this but at the same time admire her spirit to make Komari's wish come true.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Refrain, Episode 12

Well the female members of the Little Busters finally got what felt like a proper tribute. A big part of this season was working up to Kengo's Kyousuke's and Masato's, but it felt like the female members were practically forgotten, but this one was great.

I do wonder what exactly the scene might have actually looked like. Such as how spoiler[injured would Rin and Riki be in have been thrown from the bus, and inside the bus] was apparently enough for Riki spoiler[to know that everyone was dead]. J.C. Staff could at least try and traumatise us. Wink

I rather liked the whole scene of spoiler[colour being around Rin and colour seemed to appear or fade as things drew nearer or closer to her], it was a nice touch. So are we going to get our happy ending next? Apparently I care about al of the characters.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
There's no hospital scene?

Fark this. The 'true' end sucks.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
are Riki and Rin about to press a big reset button?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
are Riki and Rin about to press a big reset button?

Too bad I guess there will be no big reset button in this adaptation for Rin and Riki. There's no hospital scene, there's no one really spoiler[dead] thus nothing to reset. spoiler[Or perhaps they really had already pressed the reset button....]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so everyone but them on that bus is spoiler[either dead, or near death, right?] so I guess what I'm asking here is, spoiler[are Rin and Riki about to somehow save everyone from dying?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 32