• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gingitsune (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Great episode. I like the spoiler[new guy already even as a "former priest". Lol, it looks like Yumi has a thing for him too.]

It's also nice to see spoiler[Yoshizumi] back from one of the previous episodes hurray. The recent episodes seems to focus more on the humans rather than the spirits but hopefully will give them more screen time soon as well.

That being said, this show is quite decent imo as of now. I keep seeing the ADs regarding BDs. Hell, I might purchase one after the show is over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Only one more episode left; so sad. This has been one of the quieter shows of the season but also one of the more pleasant. I doubt it will get a second season so here's to hoping that the final episode wraps things nice and tidy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yep, this show has been a very welcome addition to the "shrine" genre. I'm not convinced I need to see it again, but if someone does pick it up, I could imagine buying it down the line.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Just realized when I was updating MyAnimeList that next week's the last episode already! How sad... This was definitely one of the most enjoyable series of the season for me.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is Takami a ringer for Zanzo in the opening samurai show? Smile I just loved that scene, especially the awed expression on Tatsuo's face.

How is it though, that these girls have lived their lives in this village and never once visited the shrine before during a festival? It sounded like a big deal to the community, so I'd think their parents would have taken them as kids at least once.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
#12 Final

spoiler[It's nice that they chose a festival as a final episode.
Everyone seemed to be having fun ^^
It was nice to learn something new about a life at a shrine.
I really enjoyed watching this anime and am sad it's over.
It was relaxing, warm and just really nice.
Doubt they'll make another season of it, but still, it was great.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Great anime overall. The finale spoiler[wrapped it up nicely and I'm glad the ceremony was able to go as planned and executed well. Looks like Makoto has a new admirer too :3]

The spirits also finally got more screen time ago compared to their past few episodes and I liked their connection. Hell, I'm even liking Haru now despite finding her a bit annoying at occasions. Definitely a great series overall and a satisfying finale.

I'm rating the show as very good. Hoping for a second season in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm really going to miss Gingitsune. It was such a nice, relaxing and heart-warming show. The finale was great and it wrapped up everything nicely. spoiler[Even if it was sort of obvious that Makoto would end up deciding that she'd become the priest at the shrine eventually, her making Gintarou pinky swear with her that he'd stay with her was so adorable.]

Rated it Excellent and if they decide to make a second season, I'll definitely watch.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I just discovered this series last week. How I missed it during its initial run is beyond me! I found it to be quite pleasant and very relaxing. It's such a shame that there isn't a second series, I'd definitely want to watch it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5