• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quote
Why does it say restart? It will continue where the first season left off right?
AirDevil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 am Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:
Why does it say restart? It will continue where the first season left off right?

They had rerun in april 2013 and 2 season will start in april 2014. Correct me if i am wrong.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:41 am Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:

Restart means "starting again." The Fairy Tail anime stopped last year. Now it's "restarting" where it stopped.
MechR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
I'm digging the new manga-like char designs Very Happy That was my one wish for the restart, and I'm thrilled it's coming true. Hopefully the animation quality keeps up.
Dizzee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Dizzee wrote:

Restart means "starting again." The Fairy Tail anime stopped last year. Now it's "restarting" where it stopped.

Makes no sense whatsoever, very misleading.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
Dizzee wrote:

0_o
Ushio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 am Reply with quote
I guess Kodansha must be making a big contribution to the budget of this as the previous series had both terrible ratings and merchandise sales so there is no way any anime studio would take this on without someone else taking the financial risk.

Still as Kodansha's 2nd best selling manga (and that sums up just how terrible most of their manga are doing doesn't it) they must be getting desperate.

Fairy Tail sales by year

2009 - 2,886,942
2010 - 5,739,526
2011 - 4,701,596
2012 - 4,128,665
4013 - 3,790,151

I guess we will see if the anime relaunch can revitalise the manga sales in a year.

My guess is not.

Shogakukan's has been doing the same lately with multiple series which have apart from Magi all unfortunately flopped both in sales and increasing manga sales.

So the only question left is will this be a full year daytime anime or a short late night series.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
Dizzee wrote:

It only makes no sense and is misleading if you haven't been following. Why end it with "To be continued," then start showing reruns, along with saying "the anime isn't over," and then "restart" the anime from the beginning when they just aired reruns?

Would you have preferred the word "Relaunch?"(if so, that was stated in the article)
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Dizzee wrote:

It only makes no sense and is misleading if you haven't been following. Why end it with "To be continued," then start showing reruns, along with saying "the anime isn't over," and then "restart" the anime from the beginning when they just aired reruns?

Would you have preferred the word "Relaunch?"(if so, that was stated in the article)

Anyway, the title has been changed. I'm very confused that someone didn't understand, but I apologize if there was any confusion on the reader's side as well. We had used the word "relaunch" for a similar article, so I decided not to use that word.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:14 am Reply with quote
Ah finally....it's happening again. Can't wait to see more FT.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
really really really the fairy tail series get a continue on their anime yet over 10+ yrs no fresh eps of rave master anime?

i called blastpismy on this give bit WRONG unfair rave anime is still incomplete yet more cheated they did crossover project together.

indeed now this yea still NOT plan to see til bring back continue rave master anime it still not complete series.
SthRandom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:56 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
really really really the fairy tail series get a continue on their anime yet over 10+ yrs no fresh eps of rave master anime?

i called blastpismy on this give bit WRONG unfair rave anime is still incomplete yet more cheated they did crossover project together.

indeed now this yea still NOT plan to see til bring back continue rave master anime it still not complete series.
As much as it pains me to say this, I highly doubt Rave will ever get a remake. They won't jump into making a series that may not gain them much profit. Rave is nowhere as popular as it was during its prime time.

As for the news, glad to hear that. Looking forward to the Spring season, a lot of awesome anime will appear, it seems :3
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Anyway, the title has been changed. I'm very confused that someone didn't understand, but I apologize if there was any confusion on the reader's side as well. We had used the word "relaunch" for a similar article, so I decided not to use that word.

Its alright(on my behalf). The article had enough info on what was clearly going to happen.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote
The grass is green, the grass has riz, Spring is where Fairy Tail is.

Very, very jazzed for this.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
Yay, can't wait until spring this year. Very Happy

Now where's that mindless crowd who clamied that Fairy Tail wouldn't return? Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4