• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Win a Night in Fantasia, In Melbourne.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry to say but I delayed in putting this online. But the competition still stands, Personally I would suggest one of Pixel's tracks from Cave Story. But that's way past obscure. Any takers?
Lucian Valentine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Well first and foremost I am surely going to have to kick my mate's ass for not telling me about ANN sooner. I knew he was getting his anime info some place and was holding out on me.

In any case, I just managed to enter this contest last night as I am a huge gaming (particularly RPG and strategy), anime, manga and Eminence fan. As soon as I got the link I hopped on here asap to see what it's all about. Man I wish I knew about the Melbourne performance sooner. Since I won't get to go this time around, I just hope they come back in the not too distant future as I'd hate to travel world wide just to catch them.

As for the sountrack itself, even though there are far too many choices to go with, it could be just me but I personally feel that RPGs designers put more emphasis on and effort in music. I also feel that the best soundtracks are for the old school games where music had a larger role in conveying a story, simply because mind-blowing graphics weren't available back then. Not to say that modern games such as Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy don't have amazing soundtracks, I guess I just prefer some of the old school ones better. They seem more consistent in terms of 'good' music. Personally, games like Chrono Trigger/Cross, Final Fantasy VI/VII, Suikoden I/II and pretty much any Zelda game get my vote although out of all of those I would have to say that Suikoden II stands out the most in terms of music (although Suikoden I and CT come in awfully close). I just find the variety interesting and the pieces well put together for an all around great soundtrack. Wish I could hear it orchestrated though.
mjgeo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:56 am Reply with quote
Lucian Valentine wrote:
Since I won't get to go this time around, I just hope they come back in the not too distant future as I'd hate to travel world wide just to catch them.

They seem to do an Australian tour every year, but with compositions and guests. From what I've heard, this year was the best one yet.
熏之爱

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
mjgeo wrote:
Lucian Valentine wrote:
Since I won't get to go this time around, I just hope they come back in the not too distant future as I'd hate to travel world wide just to catch them.

They seem to do an Australian tour every year, but with compositions and guests. From what I've heard, this year was the best one yet.

I'm sorry,but could you please tell me what that "they" stands for?
well,in fact I don't understand what you are talking about. Embarassed
mjgeo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
熏之爱 wrote:
mjgeo wrote:
Lucian Valentine wrote:

I'm sorry,but could you please tell me what that "they" stands for?
well,in fact I don't understand what you are talking about. Embarassed

They are the Eminence Symphony Orchestra, and each year they do a tour of Australia (and other countries) where they play the classical music scores from video games and to a lesser extent anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1