• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where to order for KyoAni?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote
anyone know where to get items from the kyoto animation shop other than random auction sites?
i'd really like one of these
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 am Reply with quote
She might be available through a proxy service. Many people on MyFigureCollection seem to use either BiginJapan or Nippon-Yassan. I don't buy too many exclusive figures, so I've never used either of them, but both of them have lots of feedbacks in the forums over at MyFigureCollection (under "figure and shop reviews" in the forums).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I had gotten this figure from the KyoAni shop by using a proxy service, in my case Tokyo Hunter, and I had no problems with the service. The only thing is, you'll be paying a bit extra since you have to pay their proxy fees, which I imagine varies among the different sites. You'd just have to do a little research into what the costs of each proxy are I guess.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Continuing from that other thread, I am now interested in getting the above Dekomori figure >_>

When do preorders for exclusive stuff normally come out on the proxy service side of things?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Shortly after they come out from wherever the proxy is getting it from. You should expect that it's going to take probably a week for the item to get sent to your proxy service. Might take a bit less since they're generally putting in a large order so they get priority, but a week is a good rule of thumb. Then once your proxy service has their order fulfilled, they'll ship it off to you.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Cannot... cannot read moonspeak...

There seem to be several dates in the above link provided... which is the real date for the figure?

(I'm assuming July 2014, but just want to be sure)
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
According to MFC, July 2014 is the release date.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Cannot... cannot read moonspeak...

There seem to be several dates in the above link provided... which is the real date for the figure?

(I'm assuming July 2014, but just want to be sure)
It's shipping to buyers in July 2014 (likely mid-July as that's when Rikka's figure shipped out) and pre-orders start 2014/1/8 to tie in with a CM that'll likely air during the first episode that evening.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
Oh my gawd, I need to give people a heads up on this just in case.

I ended up ordering from this site:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-others/6492-chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-dekomori-sanae-limited-edition.html

I used FEDEX shipping and they only accept paypal payments. The thing took like 3 days to get to California.

(though there was some initial derp: they sent my figure out to someone else, but I cleared it up with customer service in live chat and they didn't give me too much drama over sending out another order to me since I had the paypal invoice number or whatever... be sure to followup quickly if there's no shipment notice after like a day)

Anyway, the thing is glorious and I highly recommend spending money :v

I've already pre-ordered the Nibutani figure from the same site (though I don't seem to like the look of it as much as the Deko figure, just going by the pictures).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1