• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
D-Fragments (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote

D-Fragments

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: harem, school

Plot Summary: Kazama Kenji likes to believe he is something of a delinquent. Moreover, others seem to like to agree that he is. Of course, Kenji's gang finds their way to a group of four not-so-normal girls—Chitose, Sakura, Minami and Roka—and all at once, whatever reputation he may have is nothing compared to the outrageous behavior of the girls.

Episode 1:
Well that was cute. I'm not a fan of Kenji yet but Chitose is awesome. The club itself looks alright I guess, can't wait to see what else they do though.

Roka's face expressions can change quite a bit there...with that yandere like look to the cutey smile. Chitose is my favorite character so far though. I just hope Kenji doesn't get on her bad side especially with how the ending went down this episode lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Omg a moe and a yandere version of Kana Hanazawa?! Sign me up. I should pay more attention when I am reading manga. I read the first chapter awhile back and I thought they had actual powers lol. So I was surprised to find out it was fake in the episode.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
This first episode was funny, and they really did a good job staying in character with the power bs I found myself laughing for the entire episode this was great!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I should find this sort of thing funny, but I was pretty un-humoured by what I saw. For starters the whole delinquent thing is uninteresting, I hate it when they make an apparent overweight character have a totally different style to everyone else, and none of the supposed delinquent things felt funny at all.

For a group of girls in a club that do not much at all and muck around, I have seen more interesting. It felt like they were just throwing things so they would be interesting, a spoiler[stun gun] is not funny, and was that spoiler[water used to drown] or something. There might be something with moe bit and spoiler[going yandere], but it felt a little inorganic when I have seen so many loli leaders like Kurimu Sakura and Mao Amatsuka. It might actually be my familiarity with such anime that I don't feel too well by the first episode which seemed to have a bit of shounen mixed in.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I should find this sort of thing funny, but I was pretty un-humoured by what I saw.

I barely made it through the episode. Nothing about this works for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I barely made it through the episode. Nothing about this works for me.

Nice to know it was not just me.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
The comedy was kind of reminiscent to the recent Chronicles of the Going Home Club, which I never managed to finish. It's hard to put my finger on it. It's like there's a lack of enthusiasm in the characters despite how over-the-top their gags are. The over-reactive personality of the MC (who was the girls' punching bag for most of the episode) wasn't terribly entertaining either. I'm unlikely to be following this one.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
The premise, while certainly not original to any extent, is amusing enough to stand as the "filler comedy" series for this batch of releases.

So unless something much more humorous or over the top rises, this will be my defacto comedy series for the batch.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
OMG what anime was it where a guy started a fire in school, somebody brought a fire extinguisher and then smacked the guy in the head with it and told him not to start fires. Wow that was so long ago too. 80's or 90's for sure. If it bugs me enough I'll have to ask about it in the identify topic. Anyway, that fire scene reminded me of it.

With the right screenshots you can easily trick people into thinking this is a horror anime. I'm likely wind elelment. I'm pretty easy-going and omni-directional but can rage pretty huge if someone pushes me enough.

This was really funny and I like the characters, though it's comedic lifespan will be determined by how much of it is just abuse+reaction gags. Also, kudos to -sub group here- for their good font choices.

And yay for end cards!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
That moe moe attack works wonders on me. Guess I'll join the Game Creation Club, too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Lol, spoiler[chunnibyou talk and those masks. Takao] made her debut this episode (yes same name as the one from Blue Steel)

Ah that was amusing. A spoiler[trap] was spotted too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Roka is too cute. She is the main reason I will keep watching this. The other girls are pretty decent. Although the humor is either a hit or miss. This episode had more hits.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
That entire scene in the park had me in stitches.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
, a spoiler[stun gun] is not funny

Yet a taser is. Must be a localization thing as I wouldn't find anything funny about "Don't stun gun me, bro..." or a CNN reporter being shocked by a stun gun on command. But make it a taser? Hilarious...

Not nice at all but I never claimed to be nice.

I saw the first two episodes and I liked what I saw, mostly a self inflicted Fujimura-kun Mates. In that manga, the delinquent was stalked by his band of female weirdos {including the Student Council President} but here, Kenji actively joins them.

Not "joins in with them" as that would ruin the "straight man" act. It doesn't have potential and most of the characters are unlikable but it is watchable and amusing.

Mostly because the cast is unlikable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

This episode worked better, even with the hypocrisy of the real trouble makers. I think that I might like the second club even more, more likable and such. But chibi Roka earns points.

Kind of mixed signals when they Roka as apparently being evil on the inside, but also play up her friend as being an evil one punishing people that harm her innocence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6