• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pages shown in the forum that don't exist

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I've noticed an issue and it's happened a few times today on different computers.

When I go to the Anime forum, it shows me that the Best World-Building Tournament thread has 22 pages. However, if I click 22 to get to the last page, I'm told No posts exist for this topic.

Even in the thread itself, it claims to have 22 pages but nothing will show for page 22.

The most current post is attributed to the person who has the last post on page 21, so I don't think any posts are missing, but it's a bit odd.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
I've had this happen before. I think it happens when the post which starts the new page is deleted for some reason.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
There have been several new posts since page 22 appeared though, and they've all fit on page 21 :/
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Sorry to doublepost but I wanted to bump this up in case anyone in charge is actually reading it.

The thread finally actually reached page 22, so the page 22 link works now. But I mentioned it there and at least two other people had the same issue, so even though it's fixed it might still be worth looking into what actually happened, since the link for page 22 appeared long before the thread was long enough to have 22 pages.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
I haven't noticed the number of pages being wrong, but I have noticed my posts in the Aki-Con thread moving around (one started on page 2, then was on the bottom of page one, then was a bit higher on page 1).

I'm assuming that this has to do with posts being deleted/removed, and that might be a problem with the non-existing pages as well? (that the thread originally got to that page, stuff was removed, so now that page doesn't exist but it says it does).
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that was a suggested cause but the Tournament thread wasn't even that near to hitting page 22 when the link for it first appeared. It was only this morning, more than a week after the problems started, that my post finally started it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
The problem has reappeared, the thread isn't even halfway through page 22 and there's already a ghost link for page 23
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
ARG! Yes, I just saw that.

Also, if the thread is shown as having the most recent post when you are viewing all the forums, clicking on the title of the thread also brings you to the "No posts exist for this topic" page. Same thing happens if you try to view the new post you just made.

I can imagine this getting very frustrating next week when regular voting resumes and the thread becomes more active.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I've noticed the problem as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1