• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura GN 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I own the series, but haven't read it yet. Once I get volume 11, I'm going to marathon it. I'm a huge Tanemura fan and, thus far, marathons with her stories come off a lot smoother to me than reading a volume every few months. According to this review, it looks like I shall enjoy it quite a bit. Thanks!
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
I'm not clicking on the article because I don't want to see any spoilers, especially for the final volume but volume 12 doesn't even come out until February? Isn't this a little premature?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
I guess so - Viz sent me a review copy. It happens from time to time, but I suspect it's more noticeable when a manga review goes up pre-release date than when an anime does.

@Juno016

I've been a Tanemura fan since I first read KKJ, and this is one of my favorites. Or at least I enjoyed it more than Gentlemen's Alliance...I do like her best when she's writing magical girls. Although I really am looking forward to her work in Margaret - it'll be really interesting to see what she does with an older audience!
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I've been a Tanemura fan since I first read KKJ, and this is one of my favorites. Or at least I enjoyed it more than Gentlemen's Alliance...I do like her best when she's writing magical girls. Although I really am looking forward to her work in Margaret - it'll be really interesting to see what she does with an older audience!

Indeed! One all accounts! Her magical girl stuff is always my favorite stuff because it delves heavily into the values of the protagonists, though I don't particularly reject her general stories about romance. They're a little more idealistic, but much like CLAMP and Watase, they carry their own special vigor that make them unique in the world of manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1