• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Wields Beam Saber with Wii Remote July 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this game brings me back to the days of Dreamcast where the games were FPS and were fun. And more then anything I really want this game to just be fun, the Wii really needs game that aren't party game/tech demos. Hopefully games like this along with Super Paper Mario (which is really isn't a Wii game) can hopefully keep my wii on longer.
Dilusion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, is this coming to the States, cause this sounds just as cool as No More Heroes.

I've been anticipating a mecha game for the Wii. I've even came up with an exact control sceme that should work [similar to a cross between SSX Blur and LoZ: TP].

I was hyped to hear about the use of both swords and guns in Red Steel but then disappointed when it was terribly executed. I'm hoping that this game will do much better, because the name of Gundam is resting on it's shoulders.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Don't get your hopes up, because Gundam games almost always suck.

But still, my hopes are up...

Does anyone know where I can find any scans of this issue of Famitsu?

EDIT: Nevermind. Leave it to NeoGAF! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152509

If those screens on the bottom of the picture are real-time, then the graphics definitely look pretty good. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much of a HUD, beyond simple ammo boxes or something. I really hope this game gets released over here!
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes. Here's to hoping that the game doesn't suck like all the other Gundam games out there.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quote
I don't really care about Gundam, but I thought I'd mention that in an incredible coincidence, this article is the first thing I happened upon while browsing the net with my Wii for the first time ever. In fact, I'm (slowly) typing out this sentence with my Wii remote as we speak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I don't really care about Gundam, but I thought I'd mention that in an incredible coincidence, this article is the first thing I happened upon while browsing the net with my Wii for the first time ever. In fact, I'm (slowly) typing out this sentence with my Wii remote as we speak.

A few weeks ago I was forced to browse the internet via Wii while my Laptop was being worked on. While it's fun to surf via the Wii I wouldn't use it unless I want to check for a code or something; (for a game I am playing)seeing as how my computer and Wii are on the other side of the house.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Quick update on the Gundam game for the wii. Kotaku has posted a video of the gameplay along with how you actually play the game as well.

I'll say this about the game while the graphics aren't amazing the game play looks like it has some promise seeing as how chaotic the battles look, and more then anything there looks like there is speed to this game. Unlike previous Gundam games none of the Mech's really seemed to have ability to move around quickly and it brought the gameplay to an ant's crawl.....

Last edited by Deltakiral on Tue May 01, 2007 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
omar235

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Dilusion wrote:
Wow, is this coming to the States, cause this sounds just as cool as No More Heroes.

I've been anticipating a mecha game for the Wii. I've even came up with an exact control sceme that should work [similar to a cross between SSX Blur and LoZ: TP].

I agree, If this is done right they could really have something here, alot of possiblities with the Wii remote.

I have also been anticipating a release of a good mecha game for the Wii.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
It sounds exactly like Gundam Side Story for Dreamcast, at least.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
A Gundam game on the Wii. Sound be fun. Automatically will sell like hotcakes since almost everyone in Japan has a Wii. Looks real fun!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GospelX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I found the videos kind of creepy. It sounded like an old man Amuro having flashbacks to previous fights, like he was dreaming about it. Although, truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised that Amuro would have PTSD if not for...y'know.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Roy9076 wrote:
A Gundam game on the Wii. Sound be fun. Automatically will sell like hotcakes since almost everyone in Japan has a Wii. Looks real fun!

Well you mean everyone that can find Wii will probably buy it. The first two games gundam games for the PS3 are ranked one and three in software sales, so I imagine the same would be said for a Wii gundam game.

Josh7289 wrote:
It sounds exactly like Gundam Side Story for Dreamcast, at least.

That was last time I really enjoyed myself with a gundam game, so I'd be all for that if that what we were getting with this game. Hell I need something to play on my Wii, I can only replay Resident Evil 4 so many times on so many different platforms.
RamzaOwns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
GospelX wrote:
I found the videos kind of creepy. It sounded like an old man Amuro having flashbacks to previous fights, like he was dreaming about it. Although, truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised that Amuro would have PTSD if not for...y'know.
lol thats exactly what i thought too Anime hyper
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Uwahh, Furuya Tooru! He's such a nice man Anime smile I don't have a Wii so I'm not really interested in the games, but wherever there's seiyuu (especially one we've been in contact with) I'm interested. Very Happy We're sending him his birthday present tomorrow, hopefully he likes it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1